Home Precious Metals
Options

Want to buy odd vintage silver.....

Looking for odd size bars, 2 to 16 ish ounce bars. Don't want any of the new stuff. Send me a message if you have anything neat that will not break the bank!

Comments

• Options
    goldrealmoney79goldrealmoney79 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Might be better to post this in the BST

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is one in the BST classifieds and I have a few others that I could part with.
    Wont break the bank IF your bank is solid :)
    In All Reality it comes down to what's your pain threshold for buying precious metals.

• Options
    bvmaybvmay Posts: 29 ✭✭

Which BST forum do you list on?? The US coins??

• Options

There's one here under precious metals that you'd post in. For coins they have one for world and US

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

In All Reality it comes down to what's your pain threshold for buying precious metals.

+1

I believe that's an accurate assessment in this market. Volatility, uncertainty and the discrepancies between paper and physical have made buying or selling precious metals a bit dicey at the moment.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

+1

I believe that's an accurate assessment in this market. Volatility, uncertainty and the discrepancies between paper and physical have made buying or selling precious metals a bit dicey at the moment.

I agreed with you jmski. But your comment also calls into question the notion of PMs as "insurance". The decision to buy insurance should never be "dicey".

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

your comment also calls into question the notion of PMs as "insurance". The decision to buy insurance should never be "dicey"

Nah, when you account for the volatility and risk, and factor in your own financial situation, it has a sound place in one's portfolio. The insurance aspect, as derryb is quick to point out - is directly related to the malinvestment and malsfeasance that is ever-present in our messed-up financial & political arena. Definitely an insurance for the unforeseen and unknown eventualities, i.e. tail risk.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

+1

I agreed with you jmski. But your comment also calls into question the notion of PMs as "insurance". The decision to buy insurance should never be "dicey".

He is looking for collectable silver bars, not bullion.

• Options
    bvmaybvmay Posts: 29 ✭✭

Correct, looking for older vintage bars, not bullion.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2020 8:13PM

Google
    AARO silver bar
    and Jade Assay silver bar

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finding old vintage bars is difficult and most are closely held.