Home Sports Talk
Options

The Last Dance

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you guys going to watch "The Last Dance" 10-part documentary that premiers on ESPN this weekend? It will focus on Michael Jordan's last season with the Chicago Bulls.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a huge Basketball guy but Jordan was the best in my opinion so I think I might give it a shot

• Options

Michael Jordan and other Chicago Bulls cards have gone up in price recently, and it has been noticed by the members of the trading card section of the forum. There is speculation that this documentary has something to do with it. This should be a good one, and we get to hear all of the behind the scenes shenanigans and dirt, with exclusive interviews!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2020 6:24AM

I don't pay for cable but I should be able to find somewhere online to watch it even if its the following day after it each show airs. I will say though that I'm definitely loving the increase in price that his cards are now selling for. I decided to sell off quite a few of items from my PC and it's already gone much better than expected hopefully this documentary keeps it going for awhile.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even if it was on free TV, certainly not going to pay for it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

Joe.....surely you are not going to say that MJ was not as good as everyone says?!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has as good a claim to the GOAT as anyone. I like Wilt a little better as the basketball GOAT, but Jordan was certainly right there.

Nothing to do with his ability, just not into Basketball and tired of the focus always being on the GOAT.

For all you Bulls/Jordan fans out there..........ENJOY!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Michael Jordan and other Chicago Bulls cards have gone up in price recently, and it has been noticed by the members of the trading card section of the forum. There is speculation that this documentary has something to do with it.

>

I would agree with that.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

I would agree with that.

i mean 10 (ten) parts? Come on now.

But i guess to Jordan junkies who can't get enough, they will watch all of it...not that there's anything wrong with that.

As interesting and exciting was the Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl championship to me, there's no way i could sit thru replaying 10 parts of it. LOL

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be watching. couldnt stand the guy when he played, but I sure can appreciate him now.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to be like Mike.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Basic cable subscriber here. Not privy to ESPN. Will look for the reviews here.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    I want to be like Mike.

So do I, and I'm getting there, I'm up to 25 push-ups a day!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'll watch. I can think of worse ways to spend 2 hours of my Sunday night.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

Jordan still hates Isiah Thomas.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

1st 4 episodes have been great

• Options

For some reason, I keep seeing articles pop up everyday, giving me updates on the latest war of words between Jordan and Isiah Thomas. The latest verbal jab between them states that Isiah Thomas says that Jordan is the 4th best player that he ever played against. Ahead of Jordan on Isiah Thomas's list of players that he played against are Jabbar, Bird, Johnson and Dr.J

There is also a story floating around online about Jordan blackballing Thomas from the 1992 dreamteam. It's getting juicy! That's just how I like my sports wars, juicy and ugly!! Come on fellas, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about eachother!!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

The story about the Dream Team isn't new and has been confirmed multiple times. It was retaliation for Isiah supposedly freezing out Jordan during an early All-Star game.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Jordan still hates Isiah Thomas.

So do I. The whole Piston team should have been suspended for 3 years at least!!

• Options
    edited May 2, 2020 5:10AM

The battle of who looks better in shades.

• Options

No contest...…..Jordan!!

• Options
    edited May 10, 2020 4:53AM

The drama between Isiah Thomas and Michael Jordan just keeps on going. David Robinson says it was necassary to keep Isiah off of the dream team because team chemistry matters, and Isiah would have disrupted the team chemistry on the dream team due to his style of play with the Pistons. Meanwhile , Doc Rivers has come to Isiah Thomas's defense, saying he doesn't appreciate the way Thomas is being portrayed on The Last Dance, and that Thomas was no different than any other champion as far as attitude about winning is concerned.