Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

deleted

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

deleted due to idiocy of other posters

Comments

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT reduced price to MELT!
    Don't know anywhere you can get silver at melt in any form.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I, Not a dealer, Just yesterday I bought a collection. Currently paying CAN $ 8 for a CAN silver dollar which is roughly 3/4 oz raw. (pay a lot more for key dates)
    And, from what I understand, dealers only pay 7 right now. They take this safety margin "just in case" and turn their buys in to cash asap.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

@YQQ said:
    I, Not a dealer, Just yesterday I bought a collection. Currently paying CAN $ 8 for a CAN silver dollar which is roughly 3/4 oz raw. (pay a lot more for key dates)
    And, from what I understand, dealers only pay 7 right now. They take this safety margin "just in case" and turn their buys in to cash asap.

I’ll take all the Canadian silver dollars you want to sell me for CAN $8.50. Lol

A Canadian silver dollar has $12.89 CAD in silver value. A 36% discount to melt would be quite nice right now considering that physical silver is trading quite a bit over melt price to begin with! Haha

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    A Canadian silver dollar has $12.89 CAD in silver value. A 36% discount to melt would be quite nice right now considering that physical silver is trading quite a bit over melt price to begin with! Haha

That’s consistent with what I said. I was using CAD as YQQ did to show the absurdity of what he was saying. No one is buying thousands of dollars worth of silver for a 36% discount of spot price now.

edited April 19, 2020 8:43AM

Smittys, thank you. You and most others, actually do understand the issue.

JClovecoins
    nobody said my buy was 1000's of dollars.
    You are exaggeration to get everyone's attention before you have all the facts.
    but, please answer me this:
    to get .9999 net value of silver, what do you think it will cost to get the net silver value using .800 melt dollars.(no numismatic values in them)??????????
    i.e. , all the expenses and downside risk considered, until a legal kiln operator hands you certified and tradable .9999 silver.!!
    Remember, spot is certified, tradable .999 or .0000 or now even .99999 metal.
    And, I said I paid CAN $ 8 to a seller. That would not mean I would sell it to you at $ 8.
    please, get all the pertinent and necessary facts and then do the math. (or at least ask for the facts before you make such statements)

@YQQ said:
    nobody said my buy was 1000's of dollars.
    You are exaggeration for everyone's attention before you have all the facts.
    but, please answer me this:
    to get .9999 net value of silver, what do you think it will cost here to get the net value using .800 melt dollars.(no numismatic values in them)??????????
    i.e. , all the expenses and downside risk considered, until a melter hands you certified .9999 silver.!!
    Remember, spot is certified, tradable .999 or .0000 or now even .99999 metal.
    And, I said I paid CAN $ 8 to a seller. That would not mean I would sell it to you at $ 8.
    please, get all the pertinent and necessary facts and then do the math. (or at least ask for the facts)

Yes, but I am selling several thousands of dollars so instead of commenting absurdity on my post, you should just keep quiet about your small buy at 36% back of melt.

JClovecoins

Carefully note please:
    I did not say anything absurd about your post.
    All I did is mention what I paid for a CAN $ and, in response to your "absurd" math, suggested for you to substantiate your 36% statement with actual facts.

Math is math. The 36% below melt is absolutely what you stated in your post. Have a nice day.