Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1934 Maryland Commem MS66+ PCGS w/CAC! PCGS Pop Only 20. High Eye Appeal

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

SOLD!!!

(I used a template from an old listing for a different coin, hence the old April 2020 initial date and 100 views - I should have just created a new listing, but this IS indeed a brand new listing).

I just upgraded my Maryland Commem in my Registry Set. The coin I replaced is one of the VERY FEW graded by PCGS as MS66+, and it has a CAC (VERY FEW straight MS66's have CAC's - see below).

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

1. While PCGS has graded 690 Maryland Commems as MS66, they have given the "+" to ONLY 20!!!!! (2.8%).
  2. NGC has graded 524 as MS66, and another 11 as 66+ (2.1%). As you can see, it's so very tough to get a + on one of these.
  3. Out of the 1245 of these graded MS66 or MS66+ by both PCGS and NGC, only 234 have a CAC (19%)!
  4. The CAC/CDN Price Guide has MS66 as $292, and MS67 as $1,750. Keep two important things in mind:
    a) That $292 CAC/CDN pricing includes coins graded by both NGC AND PCGS - mine is graded by PCGS.
    b) That $292 CAC/CDN pricing is for coins graded just MS66 without the plus - mine is one of only 20 out of 710 that PCGS said merits the "+".
  5. I see only three auction sales of Maryland PCGS 66+ with CAC's in the last three years, as follows: March 2018 Heritage $360 (white); January 2018 Great Collections $601 (slight toning); June 2017 Heritage $458 (white). I bought mine in May 2019 in a private sale from a well known dealer for $395.
  6. Currently on eBay and collectorscorner.com there are NONE offered graded MS66+ by PCGS, with or without a CAC (that's how tough it is to find one available with a "+"). There are two listed on eBay withOUT the tough to get "+", and they're selling for $265 and $295, each PLUS shipping.

Most importantly is the eye appeal of the coin itself. While mine does NOT have toning, the luster is really nice for Maryland (as you know, these are somewhat "greasy/ satiny" in appearance, unlike some other issues which are truly "brilliant).

My price is $335, via PayPal (not FF) and that includes free shipping. Due to the value, a signature will be required.

Please look at my other three high grade coins listed in BS&T. All PCGS/CAC.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. In the unlikely event you are unhappy, the return must require my signature upon delivery to me .

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68; radioman, sonorandesertrat x 2; pnies20.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments