Home Q & A Forum
Options

Most combination of errors on a US penny

Why isn’t the 2016 p penny with massive retained cud on obverse and 95 degree rotation we’ll know?

Comments

• Options
    PianoPiano Posts: 14

95 degree rotation on reverse.

• Options

95 degree rotation on reverse.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Standing by for images of what you speak of.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll know what?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that he meant "well known".

Each rotation error is unique because it's not a die error. And a cud error evolves as the die is used more and only a few may have been struck before the die broke or was replaced. It's more of a one of a kind error and not a major variety, with multiple similar examples.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

My apologies for spelling mistakes. Sometimes the phone decides how to spell a word that you didn’t write. As you can tell I’m fairly new to collecting coins. I’ll learn how to take pictures that are not blurry. Thank you sellitstore for your helping me learn. Just google the penny I described and you will see the errors. An article was written in December issue of Coin World magazine.

• Options

How do I send pictures to this site?

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Piano said:
    How do I send pictures to this site?

Upper right corner of the reply box has an icon that is supposed to look like a picture. Click on it to download your pics.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

• Options

If you want me to rotate coin in holder, let me know. I’m new to this and got lucky finding this penny.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• Options

Thank you Jimnight. A few have been sold on eBay. I am too proud of this find to sell.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great find.

That die was in sad shape - about to disintegtrate.

• Options

95 degree rotation on reverse. Thanks for commenting.