Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Rare Ty Cobb 1907 W600

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the rarest Ty Cobb cards in existence is up for auction at Robert Edward auctions, and is expected to bring in at least $300,000. The W600 Sporting Life cabinets were issued over a period of years ( 1902-1911 ), and Ty Cobb's card was issued in 1907. This is one of only six examples in known existence. I always get a thrill when a treasure like this surfaces at auction.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes sir, I've got my popcorn ready!

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card. I've never seen that one before. However Ty Cobbs rookie year was 1905.

Shane

@frankhardy said:
    Beautiful card. I've never seen that one before. However Ty Cobbs rookie year was 1905.

Thanks for the correction on the rookie year. I edited out the part about his rookie year being in 1907. 🖒

The Ty Cobb is already up to $200,000. There is also a Honus Wagner being auctioned, and the Wagner is up to $90,000. I love this stuff!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen both in person, (not necessarily these exact cards) and they are special.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Babe Ruth also being auctioned off at the same time. The Ruth is up to $140,000.