Home Sports Talk
Options

The search for the new Patriot's QB

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

This from NESN, New England Sports Network:

Here are the odds: Deshaun Watson +300 Jarrett Stidham +500 Trevor Lawrence +500 Kyle Trask +700 Dak Prescott +900 Jacoby Brissett +1100 Andy Dalton +1200 Cam Newton +1200 Derek Carr +1200 Matthew Stafford +1200 Taysom Hill +1200 Mac Jones +1600 Ryan Fitzpatrick +2000 Sam Ehlinger +2500 Brian Hoyer +3300 JT Daniels +3300 Aaron Rodgers +5000 Patrick Mahomes +10000

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/03/patriots-odds-what-do-vegas-oddsmakers-know-about-projected-2021-qb/

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see Deshaun Watson in a Pats jersey come 2021 but Houston isn't going to trade him and he'll likely be tagged if they don't agree to a contract by then. I think there's a better chance we see Dalton or Newton in NE before Watson.
    Belichick is going to surprise us all and start Julian Edelman at QB. ;)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Houston will give away D Hop they might give away Watson lol. With that idiot Bill O’Brien anything is possible. From what I’m reading they will go with Stidham

• Options

@perkdog said:
    If Houston will give away D Hop they might give away Watson lol. With that idiot Bill O’Brien anything is possible. From what I’m reading they will go with Stidham

I think there's a huge difference between trading a an elite WR whose had some possible sideshow drama that the public really wasn't aware of compared to a franchise QB who is putting up elite passing statistics and winning multiple division titles while still on a rookie contract.

I agree that Bo'B is definitely capable of making some out-of-leftfield trades but i don't think he's dumb enough to trade Watson after he's already spent those previous years with guys like Brock Osweiler,Brian Hoyer,Ryan Mallett,Tom Savage,Brandon Weeden & TJ Yates.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Belichick wants the wins record, so we can expect competitive teams in the following years. I would say there's a not that far-fetched idea of him coaching elsewhere also.

Most importantly,imo, his ego will not allow him to go straight to a known top QB. He will want to prove he can win with someone who is assumed to be a "lesser" talent.

• Options

I think the Giants are the only other team that he could ever envision coaching for while leaving NE.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

I think there's a huge difference between trading a an elite WR whose had some possible sideshow drama that the public really wasn't aware of compared to a franchise QB who is putting up elite passing statistics and winning multiple division titles while still on a rookie contract.

Watson has played well but let's not get crazy with the hyperbole. 3852/26/12 is not "elite passing statistics".

• Options
    edited April 7, 2020 3:17AM

@Tabe said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

Watson has played well but let's not get crazy with the hyperbole. 3852/26/12 is not "elite passing statistics".

He's less than 300 career passing attempts from being able to qualify for the NFL' s career rankings list but his current career Completion Percentage and current career Passer Rating would rank him 3rd All-Time in both categories. His current Yards Per Attempt percentage would rank him 5th All-Time in that category.
    The point i was trying to make above is Watson is too good of a QB for some knucklehead like Bo'b to just trade away. Just the fact that the team traded two first round picks a year ago to get him a legit Left Tackle to cover his blindside shows how committed that they are to this kid.