Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Uncut sheets

Some uncut sheets for us to look at to kill the boredom. If you want a closer look, you'll have to pull the image in close.

Comments

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

HOLY

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@magicpapa said:
    HOLY

😂😂 That was my reaction when I first saw them!

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:

That is just freakin awesome!🖒

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread. Here are a couple of my favorites.
    69 Milton Bradley and a 1981 Topps Scratch-Off Proof

• Options

Two 1968 Topps uncut sheets.

• Options
    edited April 6, 2020 2:57PM

1961 Fleer basketball with Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Elgin Baylor rookies. Oh Mama!!

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Amazing collection DoubleD! How are you storing them? Framed or flat file?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

@Griffins said:
    Amazing collection DoubleD! How are you storing them? Framed or flat file?

I don't own any of these sheets, I'm just posting pictures from past auctions and such for us to look at. I guess I'm kind of like a museum coordinator. ;)

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    1961 Fleer basketball with Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Elgin Baylor rookies. Oh Mama!!![]

>
    >
    That '61 Fleer basketball sheet is breathtaking! Not that I feel like selling my house for it, but do you know what it sold for, DD?

• Options

@80sRockNut said:

@doubledragon said:
    1961 Fleer basketball with Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Elgin Baylor rookies. Oh Mama!!![]

>
    >
    That '61 Fleer basketball sheet is breathtaking! Not that I feel like selling my house for it, but do you know what it sold for, DD?

It was Auctioned back in 2014, but it won't let me see how much it sold for. It is a true work of art, worthy of a museum.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It was Auctioned back in 2014, but it won't let me see how much it sold for. It is a true work of art, worthy of a museum.

>
    >
    My curiosity got the better of me and I set up a Heritage Auction account. Back in 2014, it sold for $31K. Based on the explosion in the collectibles market, it is probably worth the GDP of small country now!

• Options

@80sRockNut said:

@doubledragon said:

>
    >
    My curiosity got the better of me and I set up a Heritage Auction account. Back in 2014, it sold for $31K. Based on the explosion in the collectibles market, it is probably worth the GDP of small country now!

I was thinking about setting up an account myself just to sneak a peek. You beat me to it. 😂

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

1984 Miller Press

tracking down MP uncutters is becoming more & more laborious with every passing year

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the bad pic.

Andy

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where’s the football?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@galaxy27 and @ahopkins those are awesome guys!🖒

• Options
    edited April 6, 2020 12:56PM

@2dueces said:
    Where’s the football?

I was actually trying to find a 1958 Topps football uncut sheet with Jim Brown's rookie card, but there doesn't seem to be any. I did find a 1981 Topps football uncut sheet with Joe Montana's rookie card in it. The scans aren't too good, but it's still pretty cool to see.

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

This are some incredible uncut sheets.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

1933 Sportkings.

• Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

Ok Ok Ok...so those are great and all, but where are the 1986 Topps sheets? :)

Really cool sheets!

kevin

• Options

@tulsaboy said:
    Ok Ok Ok...so those are great and all, but where are the 1986 Topps sheets? :)

Really cool sheets!

kevin

One 1986 Topps uncut sheet coming right up!

• Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:
    Where’s the football?

I was actually trying to find a 1958 Topps football uncut sheet with Jim Brown's rookie card, but there doesn't seem to be any.

I've been collecting photos of uncut sheets for over 20 years, if a topps sheet exists in the wild (1979 and older) i probably have a copy of it. Here's the 1958 sheet you were looking for. John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options

@jmoran19 said:

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:
    Where’s the football?

I was actually trying to find a 1958 Topps football uncut sheet with Jim Brown's rookie card, but there doesn't seem to be any.

I've been collecting photos of uncut sheets for over 20 years, if a topps sheet exists in the wild (1979 and older) i probably have a copy of it. Here's the 1958 sheet you were looking for. John

Oh sweet! That is just beautiful, thanks for sharing!

• Options

1948 Leaf boxing with Joe Louis.

• Options

1954 Topps.

• Options

1933 Goudey.

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

1982 Topps sheets A, B, and C scanned today.

The sheets that were also found as Blackless Variations.

@Bullseye45 You might be interested in this :) PM me for a high res copy.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've posted these photos in a similar thread. While I still own all of the sheets, I do not have access to the photos anymore, so had to pull them from the other thread. This one has already been posted, but I'm going to post it again, on the hopes that it brings @Darin out from wherever he's been. He always had nice things to day about it, as he is/was a huge Brett fan.

I picked this one up at the same time that I acquired the Brett sheet.

• Options

Someone requested football.

• Options

1981 Topps. I have 4 of the 6 sheets.

• Options

There was a request for 1986 Topps.

• Options

1983 Topps. I do have all 6 sheets, but do not recall the thread where I posted the Sandberg sheet. Here are the other 5.

• Options

I believe this is the only 1984 sheet that I have, although I do have 3 copies. This one is really the only one that matters as it has 23 HOFers, a bunch of other near HOFers and stars of the day, and of course, the 2 big rookies from 1984.

• Options

I have a bunch more, but here's some random eye candy.

This last one was courteous @PROMETHIUS88. It's still hanging prominently on the wall. Thanks again!

• Options

@countdouglas that is an unbelievable collection you have, I'm speechless!

• Options

@countdouglas would you tell me what size toploaders are those? Thanks

• Options

@bswhiten said:
    @countdouglas would you tell me what size toploaders are those? Thanks

The toploaders are 29 inches x 43 inches.

They are produced by several manufacturers. Many that I have are Ultra Pro, as that is the supply that my LCS has access to. As a favored customer, her sells them to me at cost. A second brand that I have a few of is BCW.

As recently as 2 years ago, I made a bulk purchase off of eBay for 2 boxes of 10, by another manufacturer (can't recall specifically, but I don't believe it was either of the aforementioned) for around $120 or so delivered, per box of 10. I doubt you can find them for anywhere close to that now. They can certainty be expensive individually. I haven't checked BCW in awhile for their bulk pricing with their usual discounts and free shipping after a certain purchase threshold.

All the brands seem to be of similar quality, so I have no recommendation there of one over the other. Hope that helps.

One other thing that I addressed in my previous thread, is that I hang them on the wall using 3M Command Strips that you can find at Wal-Mart, Target, hardware stores, etc. They are similar to Velcro strips, but made of plastic teeth. I measure and place the strips EXACTLY in the same location on the backs of each toploader, which makes for easy removal and switching out when I decide to change it up. If you decide to use the wall space for something else completely, the strips are easily removed from the wall with zero damage.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    @countdouglas that is an unbelievable collection you have, I'm speechless!

Thank you. I'm going to guess I have near 50 uncut sheets now. I had only ever intended to get a handful in the beginning, but it gets kind of addicting. They display well as "artwork", and most can be had at very affordable prices. I just use the toploaders, but have considered custom framing for some of the better sheets. Custom framing is not cheap, though, especially at those dimensions, so when I weigh whether to do that vs what collectibles that I could buy instead, the additional collectibles have won out every time, so far.

• Options

One more tip for anyone considering purchasing uncut sheets, and then displaying them in the toploaders. Get a couple of pieces of poster board or heavy construction paper. Cut both pieces to where they fit inside the toploader. Insert them back to back, leaving 1/4th to 1/5th of the cut pieces hanging out of the toploader. Then, thread your sheet between the 2 pieces and into the toploader. Once the sheet is inserted, remove the poster board. It makes for much easier insertion, as the sheets usually have a bit of curvature to them and the friction against the poster board is much, much less than if sliding against the plastic. They can be inserted without this trick, but once you do it this way, you'll wonder why you would ever want to.

• Options

Wow thanks for the great info @countdouglas. That is exactly what I was wondering...how in the heck to display them in my room. I looked everywhere for cheap frames to no avail. Thanks again!

Ben

• Options

1979 O Pee Chee with Wayne Gretzky.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2020 11:30PM

1972 Topps basketball with Dr. J rookie.

• Options

1952 Topps partial with Mickey Mantle.