Home Precious Metals
Options

Ebay offer !! reopen your old store for free!

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone get this message? Not as clear to me as the title , this part for instance, do you need to start a new account? With zero feedback or what exactly ?
It says no selling fees on up to 500 sales through June

I've been selling on ebay for 15 years I have no idea what a business account is though?

Complete these steps and you will be open for business.

Register your account
    Start a new account by selecting ‘create a business account’ on the registration page.
Redeem your offer
    Check your email or eBay Message Center for the promotional offer. (This might take three to four days to get to you, but it’s coming!)
    Activate the promotion by clicking the link in your email and you're all set.
Open your store
    Follow the steps on how to get started here.
Get selling tips & tricks
    Check out the Welcome to Selling emails coming your way.
    Browse the Seller Center and find everything you need to get started.
    Follow eBay for Business and connect with other knowledgeable sellers

Anyone else see this offer?

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a store already, and I got the offer. I think they are just trolling to have random visitors to ebay sign up for a store.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    I have a store already, and I got the offer. I think they are just trolling to have random visitors to ebay sign up for a store.

i had a store for about 6 years that I closed last year. If they are offering 3 free months with no listing fees I'd do it , but the language makes it seem like they want you to start a new ID ? I don't know the difference between an ebay account and an ebay business account either , is that a new thing? I get 1099's and file on my ebay sales what does this business account do that I need?

• Options

I don't think that mine is a business account, and I don't think that I need one. I keep all of my transaction records well enough that I don't worry about getting a 1099.

I've never had a 1099 from ebay and I don't think one is necessary, but they can send me one if they want. Maybe derryb has a business account. I have no idea what one entails.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    selling3selling3 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

I wish every offer from Ebay wasn't composed by a team lawyers. Was very tempted by this until the terms left me wondering what the heck did I just read? I'll need to check back after more coffee.
    Times like this I miss the clairity Coinstartled would bring to a question like this :)

• Options

@selling3 said:
    I wish every offer from Ebay wasn't composed by a team lawyers. Was very tempted by this until the terms left me wondering what the heck did I just read? I'll need to check back after more coffee.
    Times like this I miss the clairity Coinstartled would bring to a question like this :)

I'm sorry but did you just put clarity and coinstartled in the same sentence? :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@selling3 said:

I'm sorry but did you just put clarity and coinstartled in the same sentence? :D

I do miss him. His replys were always crystal clear. Whether or not you agreed was "sometimes" another matter LOL.

I did reread the Ebay agreement and I am still not sure what it says.

• Options

@selling3 said:

@bronco2078 said:

@selling3 said:

I do miss him. His replys were always crystal clear. Whether or not you agreed was "sometimes" another matter LOL.

I did reread the Ebay agreement and I am still not sure what it says.

right? I cant tell if it means you have to start with a new account from zero feedback or what they mean. 500 sales with no fees meaning no listing fee no monthly fee or no final value fee? clear as mudd

• Options

Give them a call----I'm sure that will NOT clear up anything. I asked for a translator once and the young lady sounded upset (she was speaking English) Remember no fees throgh June 30, so tic tock

• Options
    edited April 4, 2020 3:26PM

500 sales with no fees meaning no listing fee no monthly fee or no final value fee?

marketing geniuses, they are...……………………

{not really}

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

They have created different flavors of this over time. One recent one waived all fees, but only paid the seller with vouchers. One voucher equal to the buyers payment per item. The seller could only redeem the vouchers, like eBaybucks, against eBay purchases. Since most sellers do not pay listing fees, many of these offers are just gimmicks. I have yet to see one that waives final selling fees and paypay fees, other than the one I mentioned above. Most of the free upgrades are on the front end.

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Lot's of potential to end up having to pay fees, especially if you keep the store after the 3 months ends.

"A portion of the final value fee benefit may appear as credits on the invoice."