Home Sports Talk
Options

What are you doing...

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

to kill the boredom? I'm going stark mad inside my home! There's no sports on TV, and at this point I've just had it! I'm sick of washing my hands every time I touch something, and the soap bills are starting to add up. I'm having to fight off little old ladies at the grocery store for a dang roll of toilet paper, and McDonald's won't even let us eat inside anymore!

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Step back...take a deep breath.....count to 10.....

Then as loud as you can scream "I HATE THE EAGLES" as loud as you can! I guarantee you will feel better!

Repeat as often as needed. :)

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

The MLB At Bat app replayed Game 3 of the 1985 ALCS today, a.k.a. The George Brett Game. I just watched the whole thing. Tomorrow evening, they're showing the 2014 Wild Card Game. That, my friends, will also be appointment viewing.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started cleaning/organizing the garage. :-(

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Laughing/crying.

For 6 years Time Warner had the exclusive rights to Dodger games and Direct TV customers were shut out of watching them. They just reached an agreement so Direct customers (like myself) can now watch the games after six years.

And there's nothing to watch. :#

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

House bi%ch……. wife is a Postmaster so still working. Sitting at window like a puppy dog panting waiting for her arrival home. Then.... kicking A, chasing the trim, drinking whiskey and staying slim.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spending time trying to think of cool, clever, humorous, and once in a while possibly important things to post on Sports Talk.

I'd say i succeed maybe once every thousand posts.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going stark mad inside my home! There's no sports on TV, and at this point I've just had it! I'm sick of washing my hands every time I touch something, and the soap bills are starting to add up.

if you are isolated inside your home and washing your hands obsessively I would ask "are you stupid?" for obvious reasons.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thankfully we got a make shift gym set up at one of the Warehouses at my work, my company is essential since they make pharmaceuticals so I’m working 40 hours. I’m spending a lot of time at the warehouse working out, I can’t go as heavy but since I been using this set up I’m actually sore from the tons of reps I’m doing so I’m keeping in shape, lots of biking, lots of video games. Basically that’s it, guns are cleaned, house is cleaned, and when it stops raining I’m going to chop up a tree that fell on the edge of our property line.

• Options

@keets said:
    I'm going stark mad inside my home! There's no sports on TV, and at this point I've just had it! I'm sick of washing my hands every time I touch something, and the soap bills are starting to add up.

if you are isolated inside your home and washing your hands obsessively I would ask "are you stupid?" for obvious reasons.

Of course I go out to the grocery store, and I've gotten take out from restaurants, but aside from that, I'm inside my home. I'm not taking any chances, I wash my hands alot. I'm not going to underestimate what this virus can attach itself to.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020 5:51AM

Got under the hood yesterday after work chasing down a vacuum leak.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still working.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Still working here as well. I need the money.

I'm not like some of the rich coin guys on here who can light up their fancy cigars using $100 bills. :)

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I'm not like some of the rich coin guys on here who can light up their fancy cigars using $100 bills. :)

Paul has a tree down on his property, maybe you'd be interested in a side job to take care of it. I understand he pays big bucks for that kind of work.
    I don't collect coins, nor do I smoke, so, I'll just keep my benjies.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

Paul has a tree down on his property, maybe you'd be interested in a side job to take care of it. I understand he pays big bucks for that kind of work.

If Paul would pay me $1,000 and if I could find a contractor to do it for $500, then I'd take the job. B)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I only light up with gold certificate $100 bills.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still working
    Doing lots of cooking (bacon weave wrapped meatloaf in the oven right now)
    Getting my backyard/garden in tip top shape
    Planning to go golfing on Sunday w/my son (the new golf rules out here should be fun)
    Heading out once every week or so to see if the stores are stocked back up yet
    Financial planning reevaluation
    Keeping the guns cleaned
    Organizing to sell a bunch of stuff once everyone gets there "stimulus" checks and stuff to donate to Goodwill.
    Catching up on the backlog on my DVR
    etc.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Letting the dog out then letting the dog in weather she has to go out or not.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

If Paul would pay me $1,000 and if I could find a contractor to do it for $500, then I'd take the job. B)

True Story, I hired a guy to trim some limbs off this gigantic tree in my backyard since my 40 foot extension ladder was too small. This guy shows up with ropes and pulleys, Chain saw hanging from his belt and before I knew it he was 150 feet up in the tree hacking off limbs like it was nobody’s business. I was impressed. Got some other trees that are ready for done work So yea Steve if you want my address this weekend works 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Planning to go golfing on Sunday w/my son (the new golf rules out here should be fun)

Golf courses are still open out here and they were busy. Social distancing wasn't much of a problem, except having 4 or more carts stacked up at every teebox.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Golf courses are still open out here and they were busy. Social distancing wasn't much of a problem, except having 4 or more carts stacked up at every teebox.

Golf is addictive! People are going to play golf no matter what. Not even a volcano eruption could stop people from playing in Hawaii back in 2018.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

True Story, I hired a guy to trim some limbs off this gigantic tree in my backyard since my 40 foot extension ladder was too small. This guy shows up with ropes and pulleys, Chain saw hanging from his belt and before I knew it he was 150 feet up in the tree hacking off limbs like it was nobody’s business. I was impressed. Got some other trees that are ready for done work So yea Steve if you want my address this weekend works 🤷‍♂️

Hey Steve...I just took care of Paul's tree, need anything trimmed?

• Options

I like it Al! 👍👍

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    @perkdog said:

Hey Steve...I just took care of Paul's tree, need anything trimmed?
    !

Nothing sexier than a scantily clad, pretty young blonde with a chainsaw i always say. ;)

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

I might do that for a dime, depends on how broke i was. :D