Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

3/31 Over, properly ,or underpriced. 1965 Topps Joe Namath PSA 6 @ $3000: Verdict; properly to over.

1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

How about some fun discussions while we wait this bug out.

I’ll throw out a card each day, and people can say overpriced, properly priced, underpriced.

Classifications

Overpriced-given the player, set, condition, etc. this card is currently selling for higher than you would expect. You would sell at the current price.

Properly priced- same thing, with your feeling that you would buy or sell a this price and feel comfortable.

Underpriced- again same and you would buy at the current price.

To keep the discussion light and not getting bogged down by definitions, just think of the stated PSA standards of each grade, not a specific card for sale or recently sold. I’m also not looking at pop reports.

I don’t have VCP access, so I’ll just list the card and the average of the last two eBay sales.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want a particular card thrown out for discussion.

3/31 card: 1965 Topps Joe Namath PSA 6. Only one recent sale which was best offered at $3500. So let’s say $3000

Comments

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

Properly priced. That card is always in demand and always expensive.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020 4:30PM

In both examples so far, for me personally they're overpriced, in that I wouldn't pay that much for either. I'm not the pricing authority, however, and if the purchases are legitimate, all are properly priced according to the market that day.

I would gladly part with both at those values and pick up something more appealing to me.

• 1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

My vote would be overpriced. It’s a legend in the football card world, but mid-grade seems high.

• remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Overpriced. And I'll go ahead and say it. He's vastly overrated as a qb. He was mediocre.

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

Properly priced for a well centered "high end" PSA 6. Iconic card, always in demand, charismatic player in big city market. Agreed that Joe Willie is very overrated. If anything less than outstanding "eye appeal" I'd switch and go with overpriced.

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

mine just sold for $2900 or so

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Overpriced