Home Autographs Forum
Options

Need help identifying

Hello everyone, New to this site. I bought a rather large collection of yankee signed balls, most of which are clearly interpreted. I have some balls here that I have no ideas on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the balls with a brown signature appears to be George Kell. The second ball with the light blue signature may be Jim Bouton.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

Thankyou very much. Right on the money with both

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 4:26PM

1 is Bobby Abreu
    2 is Jim Bouton
    6 is Chien Ming Wang
    7 is Johnny Damon
    10 is George Kell
    12 is George Steinbrenner
    13 is Goose Gossage
    14 is Randy Johnson
    15 may also be an earlier Randy Johnson

Steve

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the bad news is that most seem to be signed on cheap baseballs. :'(

• Options

Thankyou very much Steve. You really know your stuff. The signature above George S. is on the same ball, any ideas?

• Options

I think #8 is Cory Lidle

Steve

• Options

@Posada67 said:
    Thankyou very much Steve. You really know your stuff. The signature above George S. is on the same ball, any ideas?

The only one who comes to mind, is the biggie.....Derek Jeter.

Steve

• Options

That's what I was thinking Steve, but was afraid to say it. Let me ask one more question and I will leave you alone. Some of the balls are authenticated (included possible Jeter) but just have the sticker no paperwork. Is there a way to find out about the balls from just the sticker?

• Options

It really depends on the company. Some, like Upper Deck Authentic and MLB Authenticated, have on-line databases you can go to. With UDA, the database is not complete, so in cases where the sticker number doesn't come up on the database, you would need to call their toll-free phone number and they can help you that way.

I noticed that ball #5 you posted, has what may be a UDA sticker. That would help determining who signed it.

Steve

• Options

The sticker says gcp sports. I cant find anything on it

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 9:15PM

Upon further review, I think #3 is Aaron Small, #4 is Melky Cabrera, #5 is Mark Teixera.

That leaves only the Red Sox ball unidentified.

Steve

• Options

I am amazed by the results, I was pulling my hair out over some of them. I have a hall of famers ball with 10 signatures. They include Ted W. Mickey M, Reggie J Ernie B Willie M Mike Schmidt There are 4 I'm not sure about The bottom 2 in the first pic and the top 2 in the second pic

• Options

• Options

Having difficulty posting #2

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank Robinson/Hank Aaron? I don't know their different era sigs well enough to comment on authenticity.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ernie Banks seems to be the top signature though the last name seems to be missing any trace of an "n".

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Frank Robinson/Hank Aaron? I don't know their different era sigs well enough to comment on authenticity.

Last one is supposed to be Harmon Killebrew after seeing pic 2. I have doubts about all that I've seen from this ball.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Last one is supposed to be Harmon Killebrew after seeing pic 2. I have doubts about all that I've seen from this ball.

I agree on the doubts..

The sigs in the two photos look to me like they were signed by the same person. The Harmon Killebrew does not look right at all. His signature was known for being well-formed and the example here does not look anything like his,

Why not post pics of all the rest....

• Options
    1. Mark Texiera
    2. Probably Manny Ramirez. His sig varies greatly.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

that Banks, Killebrew & Frank Robinson ball has issues

IUMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.