Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Jumping in.. 1st complete set now.

Hi All,

Well I found collecting coins and bullion during this COVID19 times of quarantine relaxing LOL

I just completed my first set - still learning the platform and adding pics. Really love this though.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/216235

Would love a comment or 2 on the set, looking for the points LOL

Also, Do I just keep replacing the lower grade ones with higher grade ones to increase my ranking?

Thanks and everyone stay safe...

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dringdahl Welcome to the boards and your 1st post. Looks like you're on the right track. Keep in mind it is not always about the numbers. Eye appeal goes a long way. Some collectors will find certain coins within the same grade and consider that an upgrade :)

Ken

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Pretty short set. Something I need to look at.
    I always look to upgrade. Problem is I don't sell my replaced coins. Don't normally sell. Some of my Roosevelts I have in ms65, ms66, ms66 fb and now they've been replaced with ms67fb.

• Options

LOL - Yea, getting some box fulls of the lower ones myself.

@Tom147 said:
    Nice. Pretty short set. Something I need to look at.
    I always look to upgrade. Problem is I don't sell my replaced coins. Don't normally sell. Some of my Roosevelts I have in ms65, ms66, ms66 fb and now they've been replaced with ms67fb.

• Options

Totally agree, as a newbie, I like the (+) ones much more.

@cointime said:
    @dringdahl Welcome to the boards and your 1st post. Looks like you're on the right track. Keep in mind it is not always about the numbers. Eye appeal goes a long way. Some collectors will find certain coins within the same grade and consider that an upgrade :)

Ken

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on completing your first set. Upgrading coins will increase your score but its important to keep that in perspective, for most of us there is always someone with more money so unless your one of those guys worry less about the set rank/score and focus on eye-appeal and/or another set.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.