Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ancient coin bought in 1936 w tags, is it real?

Hi. Hope all are safe and well and holding up well while holing-up.

If.you are like me you may be using the extra time to enjoy the hobby. Although lately for me it's more like using the hobby to pass the time! For example I'm going through boxes of coins that I bought, and put aside to "do more research " at a latter time. This coin is part of a collection i purchased more than a decade ago and b4 that was last sold in the 1930s.

Does anybody recognize this as a legit issue or is it a fantasy? Ancients are not my strong point but this one just appeared off... Thank you in advance for your input

BT&C

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know nothing about this issue but the coin in question screams "cast fake".

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    I know nothing about this issue but the coin in question screams "cast fake".

Same boat. Seems to be shouting !

BT&C
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 1:19PM

The notes include "contemp forgery?"

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK Good eye spotting that clue. Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the lead pipe! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall