Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Drug Deals at the LCS (pokemon)

HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2020 11:55AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

ok, We were out doing the home depot.. Fry's ... Container store errand. The container store was in an are of town we'd not been as of yet after moving to this side of town this past year.

Co-Vee Status:

• Frys - No TP of course. Trying their best to keep people apart by placing floor 6 feet away stickers in the check out aisles. Self checkout was best.

• Container Store: Locked down man. She had ordered a 'basket' to hold doggy toys online. Upon arrival she responded to the email 'click here when arriving'. Worked out perfectly. Parked in the designated pick up spot and after a couple minutes, a lady from the inside of the place saw us, and came out to the parking lot with the bag. She stated either way is fine on signing the cc receipt, with finger or the signing pen. Pen was chosen with plastic gloves.

• Home Depot. Friggin free for all. Am sure I got the Vee there.

On the way home, I saw a Card Store sign. Unexpected. A true LCS. Soooo... checked web tie online, said. .OPEN until 7. Whoa.

• Cars were out front so went up to the door. Sign said something like 'by appointment only'. I peeped through the window. Could see all sorts of cool boxes. Stood there a minute, then tucked tail and started walking back to the truck. As I was walking back.. i heard a 'hey, you need a box or something ? . I looked back and the door was opened about 5 inches with a dude's eyeball visible. Stunned, I walked back. I said 'yeah man but I don't know what'. I asked ' got any topps chrome boxes ? ' (simply the first thing i could think of). The eyeball man yelled back inwards and inquired with other sacred being currently in the store if any chrome boxes were available'. Came back at first , yeah 2019. But then a 2nd yell, no.

I was still gazing in from behind the metal barred windows and all I could see then was this.

So I said, can I get one of those ?

it was so funny. He said 'yeah- walk around to the back of the store'. I said Ok, while giving my wife, who was still sitting in the truck 30 yards away in the parking lot, a look like "uh oh'

I walked around the mall corner, two corners actually, in to an alley way where 4 other dudes were there. Three were smoking. I waited a couple min and the metal back alley door opened. "you and you can come in'. I was one of the two. Transaction was then completed while I gazed upon on a lot of sports cards boxes but was afraid to offend the dealers by saying.. hey wait.. I have NEVER touched pokemon stuff before, can I look around ?

Once done, I was told just push on the metal door to get out. When I got out, the other dudes were gone. I have no idea if the other chosen one that went in with me survived.

What in the heck are directions on how to deal with this Pokemon box ? I did get beer on the way home.

Comments

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Just one beer ? :D

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's going down like that, you need a Dewar's and water.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I managed to catch footage of this transaction on the Arizona News tonight - fascinating!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

just make sure when the DEA shows up tonight at 4am that you run and flush all the Pokemon before they catch you with it.
    i recommend the Pool. B)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pikachu isn't worth going to jail for, he's a punk!

Just look at this footage of Pikachu picking on an innocent cat!

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

A redneck is being mugged in a big city and he fights like a wildcat, but eventually the three toughs overcome him. Two hold him down while the third grabs his wallet and opens it. "Ten dollars??!!? You fought like a madman for 15 minutes for a lousy ten bucks?" "Oh no!" replied the redneck. "I thought you were going after the $500 in my shoe!"

• Options

Oh man... Pikachu is EVIL !

There is no fiction in the story.. true stuff. Great place, had not been there before. am sure they wouldn't mind a little plug here -- Phoenix Sports Cards on Thunderbird. If any of those guys are are on this board am sure they would vouch for how things went in the backdoor alley selling yesterday. It was soo funny. The guy said they didn't mean to actually be open but the card druggies kept shown' up in the back alley !

I just gotta figure out how to snort this Pikachu box. No idea on quality of the stuff or what it's mixed with. i got this to go by: https://www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2019/pokemon-sun-moon-cosmic-eclipse/171151 for pop but no idea what to look for on these. Will have to do the check ebay sales thing on them.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 5:44AM

There are people, on acid, coming up with this stuff each year. Just like back in Alice In Wonderland writing days.

Kinda like it !! The unknown is interesting. :)

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son sucked me in to Pokemon a little (I like the older stuff) - fun because condition sensitive and not the best quality control. Next thing I knew, he and I were building a bunch of the sets -- enjoy.

As a bonus, grab a cheap box online of Dinosaurs Attack - another fun one.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Who knew card shops would turn into speakeasies. lol

• Options

@magicpapa said:
    A redneck is being mugged in a big city and he fights like a wildcat, but eventually the three toughs overcome him. Two hold him down while the third grabs his wallet and opens it. "Ten dollars??!!? You fought like a madman for 15 minutes for a lousy ten bucks?" "Oh no!" replied the redneck. "I thought you were going after the $500 in my shoe!"

Just so you know.. I have now mastered the art of one sheet of TP use per pull without excessive finger push through when in action. A couple weeks ago, man, it was brutal. The single sheet use wreaked all sorts of finger breakthrough horror. Now though, after much practice, can come out totally clean.

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

This is a fantastic story. I would absolutely find myself in this situation. Props for limiting yourself to just the Pokemon box. I'd have overspent just for the novelty of the situation.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

He bought Pokemon cards from the mafia. If he had said he didn't want to buy anything, they probably would have broken his thumbs!!