Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the corner may have been clipped after it was graded and before it was slabbed. I have before and after scans of a ‘62 Roy Face. When I submitted it, the corners were mint. When I received it back in the holder, it was graded a PSA 7 and one of the corners was folded up.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy it if not for the $50 shipping charge :D

Daniel
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

That corner is BRUTAL. I am sure it wasn’t submitted like that. I have a buddy who once sent in a 62 Topps Maris #1. He says it was absolutely beautiful with four razor sharp corners. When he got it back from PSA, he noticed that one of its corners was dinged up and even though it still got the 9 grade, he said it he lost money when he went to eventually sell it because every potential buyer would point that corner out as a bargaining chip in order to pay less for his copy and he ended up losing money from what he could have made because he had to sell at a discounted price of what the 9’s were truly selling at.

Regardless if it was submitted like that (which I doubt) or it was damaged in PSA’s hands, it should have never been placed in a PSA 10 holder. We know for sure that the corner didn’t get damaged inside the encapsulated holder.

SMH