Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

So-Called Dollar

Could you help me with the market value of a Lauer Administration Building 1894 SH 7 _ 22 AL HK-267 So-Called Dollar as shown by the photos?

Comments

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aluminum, looks like it has seen a wipe or three. Mid MS grades are around $200 - $300. Yours (raw and wiped) probably just under a hundred.

SCDs are tough. Not as much interest as numismatics. I have seen prices for all SCDs run the gamut. It all depends if there is someone looking to buy when you're selling.

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    PurpleEchoPurpleEcho Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

There's a member that specializes in SCD's... I'm sorry I can't remember his name right now, but maybe someone else will chime in. (Not to say I doubt Outhaul's estimate.)

AKA Pakasmom

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PurpleEcho said:
    There's a member that specializes in SCD's... I'm sorry I can't remember his name right now, but maybe someone else will chime in. (Not to say I doubt Outhaul's estimate.)

Hey Pakasmom! It’s probably another member but I know keets collects these as well

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also collect them.

As is, that is raw & wiped, above prices are high.
    At least to me

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    mamieopamamieopa Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:
    I also collect them.

At least to me

The photos are taken with an old and ordinary Canon Ixus 50 in macro digital position which magnifies the verytiny hairlines on the fields. In hand and without a magnifier, it is nice and shiny

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mamieopa said:

@Treashunt said:
    I also collect them.

At least to me

The photos are taken with an old and ordinary Canon Ixus 50 in macro digital position which magnifies the verytiny hairlines on the fields. In hand and without a magnifier, it is nice and shiny

That sounds better.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mamieopa said:

If that's the case, I would need better pictures or have to see it in hand.

Is it you intention to sell it?

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    mamieopamamieopa Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:

@mamieopa said:

If that's the case, I would need better pictures or have to see it in hand.

Is it you intention to sell it?

Cheers

Bob

Well, my personal idea was 150 Euros and someone already offered this amount. But, … the crisis arrived and I am without further news. You can make a proposal, but I am not sure that we really can deal until the post offices reopen.