Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

We have A winner for "I would 'cause I could" CONTEST to brighten our weeks ahead

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 11:39AM

Sorry about that.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound "Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. ...TODAY is a GIFT, so that's why they call it the present." <3

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 12:25PM

@Walkerfan said:
    @Paradisefound "Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. ...TODAY is a GIFT, so that's why they call it the present." <3

I remember seeing this clipping on my childhood fridge;

http://yesterdaytomorrowtodaypresent.blogspot.com/2015/08/yesterday-tomorrow-and-today-phrase.html

So many different way to express a similar thought;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeOLas58buw

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

When dealt lemons, make lemonade.

Stay sane, stay safe, stay smart.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's okay to be a sheep once in a while:
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 3:02PM

"...All things must pass
    None of life's strings can last
    So, I must be on my way
    And face another day
    Now the darkness only stays the night-time
    In the morning it will fade away
    Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
    It's not always going to be this grey
    All things must pass
    All things must pass away
    All things must pass
    All things must pass away"
    George Harrison

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 3:19PM

A lot of good stuff here...

Another classic PF thread!

She just can't help but spew that "Aloha" spirit all over the place.

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

"It ain't over till it's over". Yogi
    "Hang on Boo Boo." Yogi
    "Fear is the path to the dark side.." Yoda

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 3:41PM

@Barndog said:
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Another saying by Ben Franklin. B)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound Okay, I need a Mango fix. Just one image of the cutest bird in the world and I'll be quiet until tomorrow. Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Humor helps so here it goes:

Mexico called. They are willing to help with the wall now.

Did you know COVID spelled backwards is DIVOC... Like no one knows what DIVOC is going on.

Do you know what goes well with corona virus...Lyme disease

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

"Love is all you need......and coins!"

• John Lennon (with slight modification) ;)

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do cats look so much wiser when they have hands? :D

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 5:53PM

Thank you for the opportunity to receive a very nice coin again Paradisefound!

This is truly you it seems like!

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@TennesseeDave said:
    In times like this we should all hang together; or we shall surely all hang separately.

At the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Ben Franklin said "We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we will all hang separately." He was literally correct. Those brave men who signed this document were signing their death warrant because by signing this document they were committing treason against the crown which carried the death penalty.

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall".

So that's  where that came from.

Cool.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:

@PerryHall said:

@TennesseeDave said:
    In times like this we should all hang together; or we shall surely all hang separately.

At the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Ben Franklin said "We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we will all hang separately." He was literally correct. Those brave men who signed this document were signing their death warrant because by signing this document they were committing treason against the crown which carried the death penalty.

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall".

So that's  where that came from.

Cool.

It's been around for awhile, and certainly appropriate these days when group action helps.

The phrase has been attributed to the ancient Greek storyteller Aesop, both directly in his fable "The Four Oxen and the Lion"[1] and indirectly in "The Bundle of Sticks".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_we_stand,_divided_we_fall

• Options
    TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

“Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.”
    – Jack Canfield

Bill
    witty quote goes here
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭

“There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home.......- Dorthy from “The Wizard of Oz.”

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard this on TV once, but cant place it.

"I'd love to continue this battle of witts,
    but I see that your unarmed".

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confucius says man who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with stinky fingers.

• Options

Confucius say
    Man who has gas in church
    Sit in own pew.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2020 12:20PM

B) Let me roll the names and finish my Kona coffee ..... then let Mango out to peck pick the winner; around NOONISH HST?

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pf,
    I always appreciate your positiveness,
    Thank you for being here

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    edited March 28, 2020 3:25PM

Guess who ......

• Options
    edited March 28, 2020 3:27PM

...... and he is NOT George ;)

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be too late for the contest but that's okay.
    This was made by a lady I considered my second mother when I was young.
    She has a very large family and tons of friends but she made it for me.
    The saying means something special to both of us.
    I'll always treasure it.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    edited March 28, 2020 3:40PM

How special <3
    Just because you were late to the party but went ahead sharing the wonderful childhood story @sparky64 ......... I have a cancellation token for you ..... it may not be round but special B)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to @Jimnight. Thanks for the contest.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Jimnight! Congratulations!
    Thanks for the generous offer to win Paradisefound!

Stay well and healthy.

• Options

Virtual group hug to everyone. Funny that CU forum is made for a pandemic world. Be safe and wash those hands. Peace Roy

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Virtual group hug to everyone. Funny that CU forum is made for a pandemic world. Be safe and wash those hands. Peace Roy

I agree and congrats to @Jimnight

Ken
  • Options

@bearcave said:

@Namvet69 said:

I agree and congrats to @Jimnight

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

congratulations to the winner! Thanks Paradisefound for the giveaway and starting this positive thread. The humor and wisdom, and kindness, have been uplifting. Be careful brothers and sisters, and look out for each other.
    Kaz

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @Jimnight
    Thank you to @Paradisefound for the uplifting contest and generosity.
    You are my girl❤️

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Jimnight and thank you Pf for your generosity.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Jim.
    Way to go PF and thanks for the fun.... B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file