Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc folks, when is our next RED Friday?

It has been a while since we have had a big RED friday. Do you think that is due to the changes (Yea!) that provide immediate updates instead of waiting or have we all slowed down due to $$$ or availability issues. BTW, I finally located a 34-D No Bands in 66!
Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is Mark ??

A Rule has to be Made that Additions are Allowed on Friday "Only". If this Is Not Done We will Never Have a Red Friday Again !!!!

Rick:

The NB 25P is Pictured in the Thread " They All Should Look Like This". It is in the Reply to Jim where I have Linked too Pictures of All 5 of the 25P's I have. Its a 64NB Coin with just a Little of the Grayish Tone. Has Some Hairlines as You will See so thats Why its 64. Not the Greatest so Maybe You Should Hold Out for a Better Example. image Boy Do I know How to Sell Something or What ??
      I have 1 Up-Grade Coming. If it Gets Here I will Enter it Tomorrow. ( Friday ) imageimage
        Ken
      1. Options
        keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
        I'm thinking that there will be a really red Sunday this weekend. I'm sure we'll see some Merc adds as well.
        Keith ™

2. Options
        Oh yeah, if the mail goes well today, I have a coin coming in of interest to you Merc guys. image
        Keith ™

3. Options
        OK !!
          What is It ??
        1. Options
          Ain't saying until I can scan it image
          Keith ™

2. Options
          Thats "Horse Dung" !! image
            OK....I'll Wait !!......image
              Edit: Forgot One Smiley.image
            1. Options
              DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
              Ken,

I would be interested in a nice 25-P No Bands coin. Email me a pic if you have it or just PM a description and price. I am trying to hold out for 65s for all my coins in the 20s if I can afford them. Notice the key word "afford"

Rick
              Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
            2. Options
              lack of $ and coins...image
              But one day I hope to upgrade a few, but filling holes looks bleek.....
              Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
            3. Options
              OK, here we go, Adolph's best design gracing a 1921P.
              Keith ™

4. Options
              Tease !!!image
                I Clicked on That 21P Really really Quick !!!!!image
                  Wrong Coin From "Adolph"
                1. Options
                  I reiterate:

Adolph's best design gracing a 1921P

That was actually the last coin that I needed to complete my circulated Walker set, so I thought that I would take a nice pic of it before taking a hammer to the slab. image
                  Keith ™

2. Options
                  CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                  No red for me this weekimage, but I should have one next weekimage, and hopefully the week after. imageThere hasn't been an overabundance of activity in the Merc sets for the past month or so, probably due to tight supplies of coins, and tight budgets. I just recovered from buying (or should I say paying for) the '21-D, and am now looking for other mintmarked dates from the teens and twenties. I can only buy one or two at a time, so it's going to be awhile until I complete the set. I suppose someday I'll have to bite the bullet and get the '16-D, but it's tough when I think about all the other coins I could buy with that kind of money.

Jim
                  Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                3. Options
                  Well This Will Not be Added This Week but Next Week when It Arrives. Really Wondering What It Will Look Like. If Real Pretty Here Goes Another Down Grade in the Set !!
                    Ken
                  1. Options
                    Who Bid on Some of the Mercs in the Bowers Auction Last Night ?? I know Quattrocoins (Don) did because Each One I Bid on He Did Also.image No Wins for Me.image I must be too Cheap ??image
                      Ken
                    1. Options
                      Ken,

No Mercs for me this time. I bid on a Large Cent for my Type set, but can't remember which one I bid on because Bowers doesn't let you track your lots after the auction is sent to E-Bay/the Floor image
                      Keith ™

2. Options
                      Keith:
                        On the Type Coins did they Go for the Most Part Cheaply ? I noticed Most Came No Where Close to the Estimated they had Posted. You Could Really Tell when Someone Really Wanted a Coin though.
                          Wathed the Whole Auction Up Untill I Got Blown Out of the Water on a Couple of Mercs. Almost 3 Hours I believe.
                            Ken
                          1. Options
                            Ken,

I didn't get to see the auction live, but about midnight my time, scrolled through the coins trying to figure out which one was the one I bid on last week and cannot remember. I know what the other one was, but I can't find the price realized on it. It was an SLQ in 64FH.
                            Keith ™

2. Options
                            This Slug below Got Here Today for the Second Set. ....Hmmm.