Home Sports Talk

Patriots or Bulls

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady's Patriots or Michael Jordan's Bulls, which run is more impressive?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take the Patriots, football is a violent game, and you have to depend on more players to do their jobs.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2020 2:54PM

Patriots 100% in my opinion, we are talking 19 years of dominating football one way or another.

I totally agree, and since 2001 the Patriots have been THE measuring stick for success in the NFL. I don't believe any team will ever have a run like the Patriots.

I have to give the Bulls one thing though, they really knew how to let their hair down on Friday nights.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dennis Rodman was/is a strange human being 🙄

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bulls had an 8 year span unequaled by anyone. But I think the Pat's 20 year run even beats that.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    The Bulls had an 8 year span unequaled by anyone. But I think the Pat's 20 year run even beats that.

the Bulls had a two year window during that 8 year span where the Rockets went back to back while MJ was wiffing at strikes down in Birmingham. I honestly think that had he stayed in the NBA during that stretch they would have had 8 straight Titles.

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

the Bulls had a two year window during that 8 year span where the Rockets went back to back while MJ was wiffing at strikes down in Birmingham. I honestly think that had he stayed in the NBA during that stretch they would have had 8 straight Titles.

I agree. He should have stuck with Basketball!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

All strangeness aside, I have to say I really appreciated and enjoyed his playing style. I am sure there are a lot of younger people who dismiss him and don't realize the kind of player he was.

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

All strangeness aside, I have to say I really appreciated and enjoyed his playing style. I am sure there are a lot of younger people who dismiss him and don't realize the kind of player he was.

Except when he was kicking cameramen in the coconuts.

edited March 22, 2020 11:54PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I've read where Jordan didn't really have a choice. That the "baseball story" and pursuing that was just a cover-up of sorts for what otherwise may have been a suspension from the NBA because of his involvement in various gambling activities.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Good point. :#

His behavior, on court demeanor, etc were not always great.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Good point. :#

His behavior, on court demeanor, etc were not always great.

Of course, Rodman was part of the "Bad Boys", the 80s Pistons, so he probably couldn't help but be a little crazy. Those 80s Piston teams were bullies, and enjoyed altercations on the court.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

he did make peace with east korea though

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I've read where Jordan didn't really have a choice. That the "baseball story" and pursuing that was just a cover-up of sorts for what otherwise may have been a suspension from the NBA because of his involvement in various gambling activities.

I don't believe that at all. Don't believe everything you read Steve. ;)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It hasn't been fully corroborated, and perhaps never will be. However the story did make sense.

I never totally bought Jordan's story about wanting to play baseball. Yes, he liked baseball, his dad passing and all that. But leaving basketball at the height of his career? I don't think so unless there was something else in the equation in which the gambling problem seems to fill in the blanks.

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It hasn't been fully corroborated, and perhaps never will be. However the story did make sense.

I never totally bought Jordan's story about wanting to play baseball. Yes, he liked baseball, his dad passing and all that. But leaving basketball at the height of his career? I don't think so unless there was something else in the equation in which the gambling problem seems to fill in the blanks.

dimeman always sticks up for the degenerate gamblers ;) probably because of his crippling scratch ticket habit

I think Dennis had hopes of getting the East Korea leader to change his style. These sample photos fell out of Dennis Rodman's luggage when he got back to the United States from his last visit to East Korea. I'm showing them to the world for the first time right here on the Collectors Universe sports forum. Remember folks, you saw it here first.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

The title runs of the Bulls and the Patriots are equally impressive.

However they do not hold a candle to the title runs of the Boston Celtics and the UCLA Bruins of the 1950's through the 1970's.

Nor do they hold a candle to the title runs of other teams, including, but not limited to the UConn Womens' Basketball team and at the high school level the De LaSalle Spartans (12 years, 151 game winning streak in football).

@SanctionII said:
    The title runs of the Bulls and the Patriots are equally impressive.

However they do not hold a candle to the title runs of the Boston Celtics and the UCLA Bruins of the 1950's through the 1970's.

Nor do they hold a candle to the title runs of other teams, including, but not limited to the UConn Womens' Basketball team and at the high school level the De LaSalle Spartans (12 years, 151 game winning streak in football).

hey I live in boston and I dont credit those 1950's celtics , they had an easy go of it compared to what NBA teams face today

edited March 24, 2020 1:05AM

Well, this thread certainly has surpassed my expectations of success. Check out this Dennis Rodman Wedding Day doll.

It's the Collector Edition and they're selling like hotcakes!