Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Will PCGS Now Grade This Coin? Patina Wyon Gold Crown

7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 22, 2020 7:19AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I tried about two years ago, and they said it was not in any catalog despite me showing them the original Spink Patina Sale in 2001, where many of the scarcer bits were shown. It is not specifically listed in gold in the Krause 2011 Unusual Coins Catalog, although the type is.
What I did not understand is that they have slabbed subsequent INA issues that also were not listed in any catalog, and certainly not that one. BTW, Krause recently told me they will not be printing an update to the 2011.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not impressed with the Edward VII portrait but the reverse is amazing. Sort of like the opening two sentences from A Tale of Two Cities. PCGS will eventually grade them if NGC does.

The high relief Edward VIII fantasy crowns from 1954 are interesting as well... I believe NGC grades these and I suspect PCGS does as well.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

Yes, ugly King on there but the reverse holds it up. These were about 550 pounds in 2001 at the Patina sale and got three of them....

• Options

Just to clarify... the design of the portrait does not match the workmanship of what appeared on the 1902 Crown... I don't what to be misinterpreted here as having my comment extend beyond what was meant

• Options

Yes, I agree and that was politely put. Frankly the Edward VIII obverses did not come out all that well either (but had to get an Edward VIII Wreath crown in gold!).

• Options

I need to look for an Edward VIII gold that you mentioned