Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2020 Donruss (not the ultra cool Donruss from days past, it's the modern fake Donruss) blaster

Way Wayyyyyyy tooo many directions with this.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what genius arrived at ages 9+???

They are baseball cards for crying out loud, not matches or hatchets

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

I think at 9, Kids are eligible for allowance

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

COOL !!!!! >>>

• Options
    DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020 3:44PM

I bought a box of them and thought it was a fun rip.. My only issue too many different cards, probably more then any other set I have seen.

Still can't get pass the no logos.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Come on MLB give them a license for 2 or 3 sets per year, no more than that. I would buy these if they had logos....

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many variations! I actually got light headed trying to read the list on the box. I like the Puckett and Gwynn variation cards as well as the classic diamond king cards but the rest are boring to me.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Rapture?
    (Jim Florentine pause)
    Really?

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

I like their base better than Topps. But no logos... ugh... The whole idea behind one manufacturer was getting the sheer number of sets under control. Then Topps has by itself produced more different sets than when we had Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Score, and Upper Deck. It's at the ridiculous point now. Why not just let it be a free market and see what happens?
    kevin

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2020 6:40PM

I don't understand. Why do they use the 86 design AND retired players like Ryan and Gwynn? So you have a Nolan Ryan 2020 Donruss card with an 86 design. That hurts my head.

ETA: No logos on the Diamond Kings? Anywhere? WTF?

Andy

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@Horse No pool shots for these? I think the blue would look nice in the pool.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2020 5:01AM

No logos. Yawn.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 6:43PM

I tried one of the single packs at the walmart cash , the fat packs . i pulled these ones along with the regular base one

• Options

So they have made so many different color holo foils the ebay community is having a hard time with it. I have seen blue called purple, pink called purple and several other variations. I bought a small lot of 'purple' but they are pink. No big deal, they were super cheap. I know people are color blind and Donruss isn't helping. I'm just trying to get the full rainbow of Donnie Baseball.

Kris

• Options

To my knowledge there is nothing printed on the card to determine what color holo parallel you actually have. Got one in today that I'm pretty sure is pink, but was sold as red.

Kris