Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just got these back in the mail.......Take a look

I was wanting to take a few minutes to share a portion of the Topps 150 Years of Baseball set I collected this past season. This is the Artists Renditions cards that were sold on the Topps website with each card being offered every two weeks or so and once the window for them closed, no other cards were sold. The cards are based on the artwork of famed sports artist Graig Kreindler who I am sure many of you have seen his work before as it is quite incredible. I am not normally interested in the newer cards but when I found out these cards were based on Graig's work, I knew I had to jump in and collect this 20 card set.

Flash forward to today when a box arrived in my mail box. I had met Graig once or twice over the years and we have traded PM's on the Net54 boards several times so I asked him if he would be so kind to autograph one of the cards for me. He said he would be happy to autograph all of them and so I packaged them up and sent them a few weeks ago. To say I am excited about how these turned out would be an understatement. The photos do not do these cards justice but hopefully you can enjoy them anyway. Graig was kind enough to sign each card with a gold paint pen which just makes the autograph stand out against the matted finish of the Topps cards. My plan is to mat and frame these cards and hang them in my office as this is just about the only way I will ever own an "original" Kreindler. With all of the "stuff" going on in the world these days and with a growing family at his home, I really do appreciate Graig's willingness to autograph this set for me.

Check out his website and see his amazing work if you are not familiar with what he does.

http://graigkreindler.com/

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Mantle?

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    No Mantle?

I asked Graig about it and he said Topps told him who the subjects would be and apparently Topps no longer has an agreement with the Mantle family to produce cards such as this. I was hoping for a DiMaggio as well but it was not meant to be.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Graig's mastery of light and shadow is 2nd to none. Those cards look fantastic, and the autographs compliment each one. Nice!

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

That’s a beautiful set and the autos really are a score on top of it all. The Gehrig is probably my favorite of the bunch. Enjoy!

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some great renditions. He is truly talented

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I agree with John. The light and shadow of the Lou Gehrig artwork is amazing. Very nice collection, Card Guy.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap those are good.

Andy

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

That Tony Gwynn is out of this world. That's next to impossible painting in oil.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com