Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD! $1,666 - 1900 Lafayette Commem MS64 PCGS w/CAC

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

After having had this coin listed on the BST since March 20th with no action, despite what I felt was a very fair price based on the data below, I have sent this coin to Great Collections with NO Reserve. As such, those who saw this listing, but felt my price of $1,895 was too high, can now potentially buy it for less, even with their buyers premium. Their listing shows no data, so you might want to read the below updated information.

The current bid is now up to only $1,506.

Here is a link to the listing:

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/846613/1900-Lafayette-Dollar-PCGS-MS-64-CAC

On Sunday April 26th, Heritage sold one of these in this grade with a CAC for $3,360, including the buyers premium. Cert #4554136. That was in an OGH.

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I recently upgraded this coin in my Registry Type Set.

1. This is not rare, as the PCGS pop is 1,018 and the NGC pop is 762, for a total of 1,780. However, CAC has applied their sticker to only 98 of these 1,780 (only 5.5%).

2. The new CAC Retail Pricing compiled by CDN and CAC has this at $2,060. However, that includes coins with CAC’s graded by both NGC and PCGS. Mine is graded by PCGS.

3. On eBay there's only two listed with a CAC, and on one the seller is asking for $7,800 or Best Offer. However, that same identical coin is listed on collectorscorner.com for a more reasonable $2,199. The other one is listed by David Lawrence for $2,280 or best offer, after it did not sell in one of their recent auctions. However, you can go to their website and that coin is selling for $2,150 or Make an Offer. On collectorscorner.com there's another one with a CAC listed for $2,050.

4. I strongly encourage you to look at all three of those, as you'll see there's a TREMENDOUS difference in eye appeal with Lafayette dollars in this grade with CAC's. Perhaps I'm biased, but in my personal opinion the eye appeal of mine is far superior to any of those three (the one offered by DLRC is even shown by them to have only their 4 Star rating for eye appeal instead of their 5 Star rating - they are very honest with that).

My price is $1,895 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes free FedEx Priority Overnight shipping. Due to the value, a signature will be required.

I paid $2,062 for this coin in July 2019 in a private transaction.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. I am so confident that you will like the coin, that unlike most sellers, I will pay for the return shipping if you are not happy with the coin. All returns must request and use a prepaid FedEx air bill that I can email you that requires my signature upon delivery to me in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68; radioman, sonorandesertrat; pnies20.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments