Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

COTD: (6/26) 1966 Kennedy Half: PCGS-MS67!

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
COIN OF THE DAY: 1966 KENNEDY HALF DOLLAR (PCGS-MS67) (POP 1/1)

I can not speak to the MS68 of this date out there, as I have not seen that coin, but I can tell you this coin is absolutely amazing. The coin is a dazzling blast (ice) white monster, unmistakely "regular issue". The coin would be a centerpiece to any finest known collection of Mint State Kennedys.

The 1966 regular issue half appears to be "right up there" with the 1969(d) and 1970(d) as the most difficult date of all to obtain in MS67 or better grade for the 40% silver pre-1971 coins. It is also possible some high grade coins dated 1965-1967 could even be "SMS" coins mistakenly listed as regular issue on the PCGS holder. This coin is about as near perfect as one could ever expect to find in a blast white "true" regular issue 1966 half!!

PM me if you are seriously interested in this coin. Wondercoin.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• I would really love to have that coin. Unfortunatly it is beyond my means at this time.

wondercoin, I really do appreciate the coin of the day posts.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • How can you be 100000% sure it's not by some remote chance a matt sms? Not all of em are prooflike!
    edit: It used to be pop zero in ms67 a week ago. Did a sms get there? Also that ms68 is almost
    certain to be a label error, as it is with the two ms68 1964 kennedies(refer to ebay)
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Also that ms68 is almost
    certain to be a label error, as it is with the two ms68 1964 kennedies(refer to ebay) "

The (2) MS68 are both likely label errors, whereas the 1966 in MS68 could likely be just fine as, from what I know, it was marketed by a very honest seller and purchased by a very sophisicated buyer (#1 ATF). image Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.