Home Sports Talk
Options

When The Corona Virus Crisis Ends, and Televised Sports Returns...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

...what a backlog of action that may descend upon us:Baseball,Hockey,Basketball,Golf,Kentucky Derby,Nascar. Talk about the floodgates opening.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one I really care about is the NFL, which isn't even affected yet and hopefully won't be. :)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will need to take 20 mg of valium to calm down.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2020 10:56AM

I'm just hoping they continue the NBA season because I'm looking forward to a fully healthy Celtics team come playoff time. Recent events look like this upcoming Pats season will likely be uneventful.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about using this as inspiration to quit being a couch potato (or sports bar dumbass as the case may be )

get some fresh air .

I see it like a few years ago when i cut the cord on cable tv , i dont miss it at all . Tv sports hopefully will work the same way.

Not that i was watching as much as i did before. I phased out regular season baseball basketball and hockey before i dumped cable tv.

I never watched the awful sports like ufc or golf or the really awful like drag racing or soccer

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was really looking forward to The Masters,Nascar, and the Kentucky Derby. But lets get this Virus business behind us with the least amount of discomfort for all involved.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I'm with Blue on this one. Let's just all do our parts and not make waves so this can just go away. Oh and lets consider the people that really need to be looked after.

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    How about using this as inspiration to quit being a couch potato (or sports bar dumbass as the case may be )

get some fresh air .

I see it like a few years ago when i cut the cord on cable tv , i dont miss it at all . Tv sports hopefully will work the same way.

Not that i was watching as much as i did before. I phased out regular season baseball basketball and hockey before i dumped cable tv.

I never watched the awful sports like ufc or golf or the really awful like drag racing or soccer

Agree. NFL is Ok one day a week as long as it's on free TV.

Baseball is unwatchable now, plus any sport I have to pay extra for..............I won't.

Unlike many, I enjoy watching hockey, but not if I have to pay extra for it.

Nascar? Golf? Soccer? You have got to be kidding me!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

get some fresh air .

Agree. NFL is Ok one day a week as long as it's on free TV.

Baseball is unwatchable now, plus any sport I have to pay extra for..............I won't.

Unlike many, I enjoy watching hockey, but not if I have to pay extra for it.

Nascar? Golf? Soccer? You have got to be kidding me!

just to clarify on the others, I worked at a country club 20 years ago , I'll play golf and enjoy it 24/7/365 but I am not watching stuff like that on tv , its like watching paint dry.
    Soccer or car racing would be fun to participate but not watching.

This is why we are in such lousy health as a country , we sit and watch others do fun things instead of joining in