Home Sports Talk
Options

esports: virus substitute?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 16, 2020 5:52AM in Sports Talk

The morning news in Atlanta just reported on the iracing that happened yesterday as if it was the real deal Atlanta Nascar race.

This is not the Atlanta story but same:

https://myfox8.com/sports/nascar-drivers-compete-in-online-iracing-competition/

So, will we have to settle for watching people play video games instead of the real thing for a while? And then have the news report on it like it's real? One of my coworkers went to some big gaming tournament last year, said there was a huge crowd to watch people play (forget what game it was but probably fortnite), like 50k or so and then just tons streaming/watching it.

The only live sports I caught this weekend was the UFC in Brazil and then the horse racing. Rerun sports everywhere else, or ESPN just bringing the suckage talking about nothing but corona all day/night.

I can watch people play video games...at the house while hanging out with them & some drinks and banter. On TV though to just watch...I can't do it...can you?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Lucky for me, I decided quite some time ago not to spend ridiculous amounts (for me) of money to watch the local (Minnesota) teams. I cancelled my Dish Network subscription and installed a TV antenna and subscribe to Netflix.

I watch the Vikings, they are still on free TV and no longer pay to watch the Hockey team, Baseball was even less of a let down as the game has gotten sickeningly slow.

I was never much of a Basketball fan as we didn't have a team while I was growing up. Some would say we still don't.

I can't think of one televised sport, other than the NFL, that I would go out of my way to watch. Possibly the final round of the Masters? Nascar-no, Used to like watching boxing, is that even on TV any more?

Watching people play video games seems to be ridiculous, but that's just me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set