Home Sports Talk

Philadelphia Phillies 2020 season official thread

stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, this thread is under quarantine until further notice.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Joe G. can kick start the team to the top when play is resumed.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a small silver lining to the season being delayed - Nola was sick with the flu and uncertain for opening day. I don't think the Phils have to worry about that now, assuming we get to an opening day this season.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pasted:

The Center for Disease Control recommended no gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks.

😟

@perkdog said:
    😂😂😂

Laughter may be some of the best medicine to get thru this.

Maybe no MLB until May? 😟

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

50 is probably all the Phillies draw anyway! :oB)

@DIMEMAN said:

It will be interesting to see the sports attendance figures when they restart the games and do allow fans back in.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It will be interesting to see the sports attendance figures when they restart the games and do allow fans back in.

I figure the will come out huge after being stuck at home all this time........except for guys like me that would just rather sit in my recliner and watch on my BIG SCREEN. B)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I figure the will come out huge after being stuck at home all this time........except for guys like me that would just rather sit in my recliner and watch on my BIG SCREEN. B)

A bit of a quandary. As you stated those coming out huge after being stuck at home, versus those fearful of coming out for the possibility of catching the virus.

I do lean more towards your point as being right. We shall see.

In any event it will mean the games are back. 😊