Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

RE COVID...Be Safe Everyone

2»

Comments

  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DIMEMAN said:

    @RichR said:
    Did anyone else notice that all the chicken was gone in the stores but there was still beef and fish. And also all the pasta abd olive oil was gone. I understand the shelf stable pasta...but olive oil??? Funny what people grab in a panic.

    Any my liquor store looks like the Saigon Embassy roof in 1975...all the kids on the forum will have to look up that reference!!!

    I was on the Embassy roof in 1968 and I'm not sure what you mean??

    I did not Know that.

    Respect to you sir.

  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    @DIMEMAN said:

    @RichR said:
    Did anyone else notice that all the chicken was gone in the stores but there was still beef and fish. And also all the pasta abd olive oil was gone. I understand the shelf stable pasta...but olive oil??? Funny what people grab in a panic.

    Any my liquor store looks like the Saigon Embassy roof in 1975...all the kids on the forum will have to look up that reference!!!

    I was on the Embassy roof in 1968 and I'm not sure what you mean??

    I did not Know that.

    Respect to you sir.

    Thanks, but I wasn't looking for praise. I truly didn't understand the statement.

  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So my daughter said she wants to go to the movies tonight with her boyfriend.

    My wife and I look at her to say, when she interrupts us and says, "we are going to the drive-in"

    Whew, we said smart move :o:o:o

  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Dang! I miss the drive ins! Many fun times there. I think there might be 1 left about 30 miles from here that I would not dare to venture to these days.

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:
    So my daughter said she wants to go to the movies tonight with her boyfriend.

    My wife and I look at her to say, when she interrupts us and says, "we are going to the drive-in"

    Whew, we said smart move :o:o:o

  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Washington State just shut down all restaurants, coffee shops, and bars. Take-out will still be allowed.

    This is getting real...

    Dave

    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Dave99B said:
    Washington State just shut down all restaurants, coffee shops, and bars. Take-out will still be allowed.

    This is getting real...

    Dave

    Stay safe Dave.

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bsshog40 said:

    @BAJJERFAN said:

    @bsshog40 said:
    I don't understand the toilet paper frenzy. The virus is a respiratory virus. It doesn't cause diarrhea.

    I've read where it can unless you have authoritative info to the contrary. In some places I believe that rotovirus or norovirus is an issue.

    The CDC sites these symptoms. I don't see anything about diarrhea.
    https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html

    I believe when stores close , which may happened for an extended time you have nothing to wipe with.
    I don’t think it’s about diarrhea so much.

  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    We are have our first cases today, three total so far. I have heard the hot spot was a gym just over the border in WI in a small town. I too am in a high risk category and it is a little scary. This really sucks for all of us, in many ways. Prayers to everyone.

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @air4mdc said:
    We are have our first cases today, three total so far. I have heard the hot spot was a gym just over the border in WI in a small town. I too am in a high risk category and it is a little scary. This really sucks for all of us, in many ways. Prayers to everyone.

    It does suck and I can feel your concern but hang in there. Lay low, get some sleep and take long extended internet breaks. I’ve been listening to old vintage vinyl in between Internet binging. It’s been somewhat therapeutic.

    Feel free to PM

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Schools closed for two weeks, libraries the same, casino was allowing only every other machine to keep distance, the buffet didn't allow you to serve yourself, liquor stores closed, WalMart is being stripped bare, casino plans to close for two weeks. Oh yea, and the market keeps taking a dump no matter how low the rate goes or how many billions is spent. :/

    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

    "A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 12:23AM

    @1Mike1 said:
    Schools closed for two weeks, libraries the same, casino was allowing only every other machine to keep distance, the buffet didn't allow you to serve yourself, liquor stores closed, WalMart is being stripped bare, casino plans to close for two weeks. Oh yea, and the market keeps taking a dump no matter how low the rate goes or how many billions is spent. :/

    Yeah the buffet thing is pretty scary stuff

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Justacommeman said:

    Yeah the buffet thing is pretty scary stuff

    m

    Seems the only thing we can do with impunity is go to work. :)

    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

    "A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @1Mike1 said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    Yeah the buffet thing is pretty scary stuff

    m

    Seems the only thing we can do with impunity is go to work. :)

    I think even that’s about to change tomorrow my friend. Lay low and always bet on black

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ohio cases are starting to ramp up, went from 24 to 36 reported in les than 12 hours. my hunch is that the infection rate is already of the charts but the testing and reporting has lagged so far behind that not much is known. these next couple of days/weeks should see an explosion.

    my hope is that everyone is safe, everyone is able to ride this out and that PCGS allows us to communicate here about this. let's all not get stupid and spoil that. B)

  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Gold PLUNGING today is a weird development...must be forced liquidation.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I found this visualization of the effects of social distancing and quarantine scenarios to be very interesting. I hope you will as well.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RichR said:
    Gold PLUNGING today is a weird development...must be forced liquidation.

    Again......you would lose money on your Gold ONLY if you sell your Gold. If Gold plunges......that would be time to buy Gold......if you are a Gold stacker.

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @btcollects said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    @1Mike1 said:
    Schools closed for two weeks, libraries the same, casino was allowing only every other machine to keep distance, the buffet didn't allow you to serve yourself, liquor stores closed, WalMart is being stripped bare, casino plans to close for two weeks. Oh yea, and the market keeps taking a dump no matter how low the rate goes or how many billions is spent. :/

    Yeah the buffet thing is pretty scary stuff

    m

    we may have reached the end of the buffet era

    That by product of the virus is a blessing

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 8:45AM

    My Starbucks this am. No tables/chairs. Grab your coffee and get the heck out!

    Stays safe everyone. We’ll get through this.

    Dave

    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Crazy times...

  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What will be important will be what the situation in the U. S. looks like in early-mid April, not now. We are in the beginning of the explosive growth of the outbreak. When things get farther along, then the real pain will start---look at what's happening in northern Italy to see what things could easily be like. They are rationing health care for the extremely sick.

    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

    RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

    CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
This discussion has been closed.