Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Rack Pack trade question - Would you do it?

I am considering very strongly a rack pack trade request that I received outside of this forum. I think it is a yes, but wondering opinions, especially for those that collect authenticated unopened material:

I would receive: Authenticated 1975 Topps rack pack with no real stars showing

I would give up two authenticated rack packs:

1. 1984 donruss with Mattingly on top
  2. 1985 fleer with Clemens on top (very rare)

Just wondering if you’d pull the trigger?

Comments

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert but the 75 rack is much more rare. I would tend to do it if it is in really good shape. I guess if I was a big time Clemens fan then I might be hesitant but since I am not I would pull the trigger.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take the 75 rack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

75 all day

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2020 8:14AM

A star in hand is worth two in the bush. I would keep your two racks w/Mattingly and Clemens showing. Both will be in the HOF eventually. Unless you know that there are stars within the '75 pack by the top cards showing...I would not make the trade. Commons throughout...not worth much at least IMHO.

mint_only_pls
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Like the song says "got to know when to hold em" IMO this is one of those times. I'd keep the Clemens and Mattingly rookies.