Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1922 W575-2 Babe Ruth PSA Early Yankees card

ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I would float this out there and see if there are any nibbles. Obviously, a "playing days" Ruth card that, despite its ACC designation, is not a strip card and wasn't hand cut. Pretty early card of Ruth in a Yankees jersey, I believe.

With this card it's more about true rarity -- there just aren't that many of these around and the pop reports never seem to move. PSA has graded a total of 15 with 9 of them graded 3 or below. SGC has graded a total of 12 with 8 of those graded 3 or below. On the bright side, you know this card hasn't been altered.

In fact, it probably spent decades pinned to the wall of a New York saloon or bar. It certainly has character.

A 1922 W575-2, commonly referred to as "Signature on shoulder set" as all cards have a facsimile autograph located near one of the player's shoulders.

I'm looking for $1199 and that includes Priority boxed fully insured with signature confirmation delivery.

If you have any question please feel free to reach out to me. I'm happy to accommodate all reasonable requests.

Arthur

Comments