Home Sports Talk
Options

Do you consider Dak Prescott to be an elite quarterback?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is he worth a huge record breaking type contract?

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

No....not yet.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Negative. He's average at best. Worse without an elite RB like Zeke.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

As it's said jury is still out. No.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

No, Cowboys couldn't put the game in his hands to win.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

cowboys are stupid though so expect them to be wrong whatever they do

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2020 6:36AM

No and the fact that he is demanding a 33+ million a year long term contract is ridiculous. If I’m the Cowboys I’m not budging, let him hold out like Gordon did and don’t cave to him.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Jones as owner and Dak Prescott as quarterback.

Please don't change a thing.

Thank you!

Signed,

Eagles Fans

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Average

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

@grote15 said:

While I agree he is not elite...…..he is much better than average.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Disagree, and looks like most here do also.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Disagree, and looks like most here do also.

Haters will always be haters! ;)

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any haters here.

Dak looked great his first year. He dropped quite a bit in year two and has gotten better each year since, but still hasn't gotten back to that first year performance. I would NOT consider him elite. Definitely above average to very good.

That being said, he's still young and if you don't pay him, who are you going to get that can come in and play at the same level? The draft is always a big gamble.

With Brady, Brees and Ben near the ends of their careers, Rogers and Ryan getting older, who are the good/great QBs of the future? Mahomes looks like a lock, but there's just not too many young guys that look that great.

The Vikings were in a similar spot a few years ago and went out and spent a TON of money on Cousins. Vikings are now strapped for cash and have only one playoff victory to show for it.

If the Cowboys spend big to keep him, how long is it until they can't afford to pay other good players? Elliott is getting 15 Million a year for the next 5 years. If they give Dak 33 Mil that's almost 50 million for two guys.

If the Cowboys don't spend huge money on him, someone else will. Lots of teams think getting a good QB is all they need.

Cousins hasn't worked out for the Vikings, but as we always say in Minnesota; "Wait till next year"!!!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

I would agree with everything Joe said above.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    No and the fact that he is demanding a 33+ million a year long term contract is ridiculous. If I’m the Cowboys I’m not budging, let him hold out like Gordon did and don’t cave to him.

he wants Goff type money ($33.5).

Is he better than Goff?

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@perkdog said:

Is he better than Goff?

He is better than Goff, but neither one is worth that kind of money!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@perkdog said:

Is he better than Goff?

Not when Goff led the Rams to the Super Bowl, look what happened after that. They should look at the Goff and Cousins contracts and not fall into the same stupid category

• Options

@perkdog said:

@hammer1 said:

@perkdog said:

Is he better than Goff?

Not when Goff led the Rams to the Super Bowl, look what happened after that. They should look at the Goff and Cousins contracts and not fall into the same stupid category

The Patriots have had Brady for about 20-30 years (it sure seems like it anyway) when you keep trying to get QBs through the draft and continue to fail, it gets easier to justify spending the big money.

Vikes drafted Ponder and Bridgewater in the first round and traded a first rounder for Bradford, ended up with none of those guys and lost three first round picks they could have used to help other areas of the team.

I can see the logic in just "buying" a guy like Cousins and/or Prescott (if he becomes available) both good QBs that have not been injured. I would have stuck with Case Keenum and spent the Cousin's money on the O-Line, but I don't get to make those decisions.

Bridgewater could turn out to be a good QB if he can stay healthy. he did have problems throwing the deep ball accurately. Time will tell with him. I thought he was pretty good before he got hurt.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2020 3:16PM

I have been inundated with Dak contract talks here in Dallas/Fort Worth for some time now. Between this and the Brady contract stuff, I am just ready for the season to start.

Dak is an interesting QB. I have said here before that I consider him to have "it", the "it" factor, that most QBs lack. I can definitely see him being on the ascent in his career. Of course there are always a lot of mitigating factors.

Edit to add: I can say I have thought it would be interesting to see him develop on another team. Now that there has been pseudo regime change in Dallas, we will at least get to see if he can grow under Mike McCarthy. If I had to guess, I would say that the opinion on Dak is trending up as we get into next season

• Options
    edited March 8, 2020 2:04PM

Cousins looked like a HOFer for a while last year. He can really throw the ball, just not when he's on his back.

Dallas might be better off franchising Dak and hoping he can get it done while you guys have the offensive line to protect him.

How many years does he want?

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    Cousins looked like a HOFer for a while last year. He can really throw the ball, just not when he's on his back.

Dallas might be better off franchising Dak and hoping he can get it done while you guys have the offensive line to protect him.

Afaik, the holdup is that Dak wants a short, very guaranteed deal so that he can bet on hitting free agency two more times. I've heard he wants it to be three years.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Afaik, the holdup is that Dak wants a short, very guaranteed deal so that he can bet on hitting free agency two more times. I've heard he wants it to be three years.

so he is a dumb guy then?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@JoeBanzai said:

so he is a dumb guy then?

Well, he already played out his entire last year of his rookie deal without a new contract. He says he has endorsements and insurance and was betting on himself. I guess that's just how he rolls.