Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Numismata Munich Cancelled

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 6, 2020 5:52PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Probably too late to warn anyone not to jump on a plane for Munich this weekend, but it can't hurt to try

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I know several folks already out there. Ouch!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:
    Probably too late to warn anyone not to jump on a plane for Munich this weekend, but it can't hurt to try

CSNS might be as well .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mexico City show not canceled!

• Options

@pruebas said:

are you going ?i

• Options

@bidask said:

@pruebas said:

are you going ?i

Of course. I have a table there. And I’ve been going almost continuously for over 20 years.

• Options

@pruebas said:

@bidask said:

@pruebas said:

are you going ?i

Of course. I have a table there. And I’ve been going almost continuously for over 20 years.

Impressive !

• Options

@bidask said:

@MrEureka said:

CSNS might be as well .

I haven’t heard that Spring Baltimore (in 2 weeks) has been canceled.

Have you, Andy?

• Options

@pruebas said:

@bidask said:

@MrEureka said:

CSNS might be as well .

I haven’t heard that Spring Baltimore (in 2 weeks) has been canceled.

Have you, Andy?

I haven’t heard talk of any US shows being cancelled.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    edited March 7, 2020 12:08AM

The Singapore show originally scheduled for April has been postponed.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:

Do you think it a Germany thing in general, or more that it was a show? My youngest is supposedly going to Germany in about a month for spring break trip with his high school German club. I am getting a little skeptical if they will go. He is not a risk group for 'the virus', but I can totally see them getting caught up in some kind of travel ban. Sigh.

I guess we can convert his break to 'college tours', but even that might be getting afflicted by hysteria. (Don't get me wrong, sensible precautions are commendable, but when people start clearing the shelves to have a 4 year supply of toilet paper and water bottles, they are getting nutty. Now pardon me while I go organize my airplane sized bottles of booze--the real bartering currency of the apocalypse).

• Options

@Stork said:

@MrEureka said:

Do you think it a Germany thing in general, or more that it was a show? My youngest is supposedly going to Germany in about a month for spring break trip with his high school German club. I am getting a little skeptical if they will go. He is not a risk group for 'the virus', but I can totally see them getting caught up in some kind of travel ban. Sigh.

I guess we can convert his break to 'college tours', but even that might be getting afflicted by hysteria. (Don't get me wrong, sensible precautions are commendable, but when people start clearing the shelves to have a 4 year supply of toilet paper and water bottles, they are getting nutty. Now pardon me while I go organize my airplane sized bottles of booze--the real bartering currency of the apocalypse).

No idea about Germany, and I can't even imagine a liquor bottle the size of an airplane!

Andy Lustig

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@pruebas said:

@bidask said:

@pruebas said:

are you going ?i

Impressive !

And I’ve seen that with my own eyes!

@MrEureka said:

Our show in Dusseldorf is dead

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Someone is asking here in Mexico....

There is a big paper money show in the Netherlands in 2 weeks. Is it too canceled? Thanks in advance.

• Options

@MrEureka said:

@Stork said:

@MrEureka said:

No idea about Germany, and I can't even imagine a liquor bottle the size of an airplane!

Well, that would be something :smiley: One is for drinking and one is for the barter trade during the apocalypse. (Okay, the small one was a stocking stuffer, but that doesn't make it any less drinkable).

• Options

@Stork said:

@MrEureka said:

@Stork said:

@MrEureka said:

Well, that would be something :smiley: One is for drinking and one is for the barter trade during the apocalypse. (Okay, the small one was a stocking stuffer, but that doesn't make it any less drinkable).

They only have value in barter because there’s someone out there who’s desperate enough to actually drink them. Just saying.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2020 5:02AM

Oddly, I bought two 750ml bottles of Maker's Mark for the pantry last week. I view them as potential bartering material, I know that I won't be drinking them. Two or three of my nephews and/or nieces' husbands are fond of stuff too. I also have a recently purchased an unopened 750ml bottle of Chivas available for this purpose too.

• Options

Well the big bottle has been hanging out for about 4 years, so not too popular.

Maybe I can start a rumor it can be used as an ingredient in hand sanitizer.

“Why no officer I haven’t been drinking. What you smell is my hand wash”.

I’ve always said it’s not gold we should hoard in times of unrest. But booze, bullets, and toilet paper. Need to add bottled water and Purell to the list.

• Options

There are many registered nurses in my family and they have told me that booze (ethyl alcohol) under 71% pure alcohol is ineffective for external use (they hope you have or can find some traditional isopropyl alcohol for external use).

Most of the RN's aren't keen on internal usage of ethyl alcohol, but will grudgingly say that a shot or two via mouth of bourbon or scotch could slow down your germs. Of course there is a good chance that you will have less anxiety too, so long as you don't over do it.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just buy a bottle of 190 Proof Golden Grain. Man that stuff would lite up a party when punch was served! >:)

@BillDugan1959 said:
    There are many registered nurses in my family and they have told me that booze (ethyl alcohol) under 71% pure alcohol is ineffective for external use (they hope you have or can find some traditional isopropyl alcohol for external use).

Most of the RN's aren't keen on internal usage of ethyl alcohol, but will grudgingly say that a shot or two via mouth of bourbon or scotch could slow down your germs. Of course there is a good chance that you will have less anxiety too, so long as you don't over do it.

• Options

@amwldcoin Looked that one up on the internet - there is even a Wikipedia article. Learned a little bit from the reading.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alcohol of less or greater than 70% does also have anti-bacterial properties, but maximized at 70%.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
This discussion has been closed.