Home Sports Talk
Options

i swear i knew nothing about this.....

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

.....when i made the post i did in the Romo thread two freaking days ago. i mean i know i'm omniscient 😝, but the timing of this even creeps me out a little to be perfectly honest. apparently i'm not the only one who thinks it would be a match made in heaven.

https://www.si.com/media/2020/03/06/peyton-manning-espn-monday-night-football-offer

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2020 4:16AM

Yea sure, you were in on it the whole time 😂

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

talk radio has been talking about it for at least a week. Do you really want it to sound like a tv commercial though?

• Options

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it happens......Payton would be great. I can hear him now......Omaha...Omaha...Omaha..... :)B)>:)

• Options

i'll be the first to admit that it'll be difficult for Manning to replicate this type of analysis from Romo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsPUnsM48Fg

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like a Tony "the choker" Romo highlite film to start the day!

Thanks Gal! ;)B) And this was just a sampling! There isn't enough room on the internet to show them all!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I've said this before somewhere, but I will repeat it here. Romo's knowledge was ascending and then starting to peak as his body was failing him and starting to break. By the time he "put it all together" mentally, he was unable to physically do what his mind wanted to do. If not for his back and clavicle issues, we would have seen a few years of "peak Romo", IMO.

Instead, he is sharing his knowledge through his color commentary, which he is well compensated for.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Peyton has a perfectly fine career writing songs for Brad Paisley and the Nationwide band. I think he would make a great broadcaster though. He has a high football IQ.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN tried wooing Manning last year after Witten left but he turned them down. They've upped the ante this time around but I expect Manning will pass again.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody could ever replace Witten!!!

:D sorry