Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Greeting Earthlings...Your Favorite Non Sports Card Guy is BACK!!!!! 6 Yrs!

Afternoon Fellow PSAers!

Yes its Neil, your favorite Non Sport Collector (Among many things). I have been absent for about 6-7 years now I think, last membership expired in 2014!

Got out of collecting for many years now, and sold off most of my collections, although a few things never left.
Divorce, Colleges (2), Downsizing, and life just happens. So I am at a place in my life now....RETIREMENT!!! YeeHah!!! And have decided that I am going to get back into Collecting and one way was to re-aquiant myself on this Board and any others I used to be on.

Hey Matt whatever happened to your site?

So stop in say hello and remind me of your real first name so I don't have to try and use this old memory.

Can somebody give me the Cliff notes version of what up with PSA for the last 6-7 years. Do the Boards still do Group Subs?

So anyway...Happy Hello!!! YeeHah!

Neil
vintagenonsportscardguy

Comments

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Excuse but this is now a Nunnery .

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there Neil, it has been a long time! Back when I first got on the boards I jumped on a few of your group subs. There still are group subs from time to time, but the price has gone up from what you remember! :#

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:

Haha

Welcome back Neil.

Definitely no mentions of Thursday nights.

Good luck with your collection and enjoy retirement.

• fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

Welcome back Neil, Thursdays :D

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giddyup!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

No freaking way.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Welcome back Neil!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    No freaking way.

Way.....................

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back. You may not believe this but the Cubs won the World Series a few years back and Donald Trump is now President.

@fattymacs said:
    Welcome back Neil, Thursdays :D

And BTW.....now in Phoenix, moved from Colorado! Ex is in Tucson, My Girlfriend and I spent last weekend with them (Her and her Girlfriend) in Tucson ( We are still great friends!) , she and my GF have spent many hours discussing my reputation of Thursdays!

Neil

@Vagabond said:
    Welcome back. You may not believe this but the Cubs won the World Series a few years back and Donald Trump is now President.

@Vagabond said:

@Vagabond said:

@Vagabond said:

OK, I'll give you the whole Trump thing.....But the Cubs winning the Series........Give me a Break!!!!!

Neil

• 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Neil!

• Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

I just checked my PM history. Looks like my first PM with you was on February 18, 2008.
    Yikes

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s up Neil

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:

@Horse said:

o:)
    A soldier ran up to a nun. Out of breath he asked, "Please, may I hide under your skirt. I'll explain later." The nun agreed...
    A moment later two Military Police ran up and asked, "Sister, have you seen a soldier?" The nun replied, "He went that way." After the MPs ran off, the soldier crawled out from under her skirt and said, "I can't thank you enough, sister. You see, I don't want to go to Syria."
    The nun said, "I understand completely." The soldier added, "I hope I'm not rude, but you have a great pair of legs!"
    The nun replied, "If you had looked a little higher, you would have seen a great pair of balls…. I don't want to go to Syria either."

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Neil, I still don’t rip open any packs but funny thing is that it is not so strange not to rip them open anymore.

I don’t post too much anymore but I always love seeing some of the good guys return to the hobby. Good luck as you stick your toe back into the water.

Mike

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Good to see yo back Neil. Too many old timers from this board are gone and we need those great posters like yourself to return.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just ck'd my pm's....my first to you was December 13, 2008!!!

• Hi,
    I"m looking for these cards or sets. Please let me know if anyone has these and wants to sell.
    Thanks,
    rickmendo

Singles-Bobby Sherman- Topps - 1971 - #17 and #43
    Horrors of War - Gum 1938 - high numbers #193- #288 (decent quantity)
    Sets or near sets:
    All American Space Fleet- Skelly Gas - 1950’s - 24 known
    Battle- Topps - 1965 - Cloth Emblems set - 24
    Beatles Plaks - Topps - 1964 - 55
    Civil War “Pictures” (not “News”) - Bettman - 1965 - 55
    Frankenstein Stickers - Topps - 1966 - 44
    Frontier Days - Bowman - 1953 - 128
    Hit Stars (common) - Topps - 1957 - 88 would need good price
    Jets,Rockets,Spacemen (common) - Bowman - 1951 - 108 would need good price
    Land of the Giants - Topps - 1968 - 55 ( not England/ UK version )
    Mickey Mouse - Gum - 1930’s - 96
    Monkees Badges ( stickers ) - Donruss - 1967- 44
    Paladin - Rinso Soap Powder - 1959 - 24
    Popeye (common) - Ad-Trix - 1958 - 66 would need good price
    Push / Pull - Topps - 1965 - 36
    Space Cards - Tip Top Bread -1954 - 24
    Space Patrol - Chex Cereal - 1950’s - 40
    Tarzan and the Crystal Vault of Isis - Schutter/Johnson Candy - 50
    True Spy Stories - Gumakers of America - 1939 - 24
    X- Ray Round Up - Topps - 1949 - 200

Afternoon,

Hi back to all!!!! :):)

So I've dipped my toes in, after watching many many items over the last couple months I have decided to concentrate on some of my more obscure items (Rarer). Made 3 Uncut Sheet purchases today and I will post some scans when I get them.

Hey Mike, remember that 13 year old boy you met at one of the Nationals 8-10 years ago. I think you stood in line to get Barry Saunders Sig with him. Well he's all grown up and I am afraid I have created a Monster! He is collecting signed Jerseys, has over 400 now. Concentrates on Steeler Super Bowl Teams, has a couple that only need 2-3 to complete!

YeeHah!!!!

Neil