Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chicago Sports Spectacular

Anyone going to the CSS in March in Rosemont Illinois?

Comments

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Maybe. I Would love to go but am unsure if the finances will allow it.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

seems like a fun show and i know a bunch of people go but have not seen much talk about it on these forums...

• Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

I'm going. Sounds like a mini-National.

• Options

yes. agreed. it does look like a mini national. but wanted to get some feedback from people that have gone in the past. it seems this show is three times a year.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went a couple of years ago and it is better than most shows but not a mini National by any stretch. Number of booths is about 25-30% of what the National has, and most are there for autos and signings. Drove 5 hours to get there and within 10 minutes of walking the show I knew I did not need that much time over two days to see everything. Now with the basketball mania going on with Zion and Optic and Prizm it might be hopping this year. Just don’t expect a National level atmosphere and you are ok.

KC

• Options

The Chicago shows are not what they used to be. Always the same dealers with the same stuff, but that's not always bad if you like the dealers and the stuff. (Which I do)

There are really two shows a year. Don't go to the May show unless you want the autographs. There are usually very, very few tables. (Like 50-75).

I used to go twice a year but just moved to Tennessee so I won't be able to return any more. I'll miss them. Unfortunately there just aren't any decent shows in the South.

• Options

The Crisser will be there! At the show and at Gibson’s, third bar seat from the right from Wednesday-Saturday. Stop by and say hi.

• Options

HA! Awesome