Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Decided to bail on the ANA show in Atlanta.

fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here I sit with a breif case of killer coins and gold about to load up and roll out to the ANA in Atlanta this morning. My wife comes up to me and asks that I not go. She's concerned about the Virus. Me getting it and me bring it home. We wouldn't know for a week if I was infected, by then she would be sick already.
She heard about China burning a bunch of virus tanted cash.
So I told her I wouldn't go to the show. So here I sit with my brief case of killer coins, gold, masks and surgical gloves.
Sorry... had to vent.

Comments

• Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

They'll always be another show so skipping this one is not the end of the world.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options

@jafo50 said:
    They'll always be another show so skipping this one is not the end of the world.

It will be a year to a year and a half before we have an antidote to distribute to the populace minimum. So this may be my last chance to go to a coin show until then.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't not go because of the virus. I'm planning on a Saturday stop.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smart move.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2020 6:36AM

@DrBuster said:

You might be right @DrBuster . Just A real melting pot of international and west coast mouth breathers. The bathroom would scare me.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 6:43AM

@DelawareDoons said:

While the virus is concerning, the fear and corresponding fallout from economic activity slowing or stopping will be far greater than the damage of the virus itself.

Your post has a ton of misinformation.

@fivecents said:
    Me getting it and me bring it home. We wouldn't know for a week if I was infected, by then she would be sick already.

The average incubation period is 3 days.

@fivecents said:

The virus can't survive on surfaces for more than 24 hours except in ideal conditions. A pile of cash is not ideal conditions.

Educate yourself, then educate your wife. It will be for the better of both of you in the coming days/weeks/months.

keep talking @DelawareDoons and my ass will go full rogue. I'll sneak out on my wife and go to the show this sunny beautiful day.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:
    @DelawareDoons said:

While the virus is concerning, the fear and corresponding fallout from economic activity slowing or stopping will be far greater than the damage of the virus itself.

@fivecents said:
    Me getting it and me bring it home. We wouldn't know for a week if I was infected, by then she would be sick already.

@fivecents said:

The virus can't survive on surfaces for more than 24 hours except in ideal conditions. A pile of cash is not ideal conditions.

Educate yourself, then educate your wife. It will be for the better of both of you in the coming days/weeks/months.

keep talking @DelawareDoons and my ass will go full rogue. I'll sneak out on my wife and go to the show this sunny beautiful day.

You SHOULD go. Decline to shake hands. Try to stay 3-6 feet away from others. Bring hand sanitizer, use it liberally.

You will be fine.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

I would only feel safe going in that crowded room wearing surgical mask and gloves.
    Mouth breaters = respiratory droplets. That is how you get sick from it.
    My wife and I are educated enough to know that.

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:

@fivecents said:
    @DelawareDoons said:

@fivecents said:

@fivecents said:

You SHOULD go. Decline to shake hands. Try to stay 3-6 feet away from others. Bring hand sanitizer, use it liberally.

You will be fine.

Ever been to a major coin show? It is impossible to stay 1 to 2 feet from people. Your educated enough the kmow this.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:

@DrBuster said:

You might be right @DrBuster . Just A real melting pot of international and west coast mouth breathers. The bathroom would scare me.

Atlanta/metro is one of the most diverse SE populations already, the paltry amount of extra folks coming in for the show wouldn't be a fraction of a drop in the bucket.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a joke, Right? :*

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not old, don't have COPD, nor prone to getting sick, and pretty phobic as it is...

Ease of transmission does concern me, but it would more likely be the flu or a cold.

You stand a better chance to win powerball.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭

Imagine the concern Japan is experiencing with the Summer Olympics a few months away.

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options

@fivecents said:
    I would only feel safe going in that crowded room wearing surgical mask and gloves.
    Mouth breaters = respiratory droplets. That is how you get sick from it.
    My wife and I are educated enough to know that.

Respiratory droplets aren't a major concern for transmission as long as you keep to the 3 foot rule.

@fivecents said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@fivecents said:
    @DelawareDoons said:

@fivecents said:

@fivecents said:

You will be fine.

Ever been to a major coin show? It is impossible to stay 1 to 2 feet from people. Your educated enough the kmow this.

Not really. Just take your time and avoid dealers with decent crowds until they thin out. Shows always have an ebb and tide in activity. I will be attending Baltimore on 3/20 next month.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PhillyJoe said:
    Imagine the concern Japan is experiencing with the Summer Olympics a few months away.

What Olympics? o:)

• Options

@amwldcoin said:

No. No it's a not a joke.(to me)
    I want my mind changed. I really want to go tomorrow early AM.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@PhillyJoe said:

What Olympics? o:)

is that the one where the last one to catch the corona virous wins or am I all wrong?

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 9:46AM

@yspsales said:
    I am not old, don't have COPD, nor prone to getting sick, and pretty phobic as it is...

Ease of transmission does concern me, but it would more likely be the flu or a cold.

You stand a better chance to win powerball.

"Ease of transmission does concern me" Bless you're heart. Go be sick elsewhere.

"You stand a better chance to win powerball." now that's just crazy talk.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a very tough place to get your medical advice. But the advice is funny.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you let fear hold you back in life you might as well lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. :/

You could get in an accident on the way there and die......that would be worse than a virus.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 9:55AM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    If you let fear hold you back in life you might as well lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. :/

You could get in an accident on the way there and die......that would be worse than a virus.

I'm an outdoors guy. I'm extremely healthy for a fat ass. I walk my dog at very fast pace an hour almost every day.
    I can be outdoors and away from the "infected". It's the frinking close quarter crowds dude.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 9:56AM

Be careful.......a tree could fall on you!

Or you could get hantavirus from a chipmunk. :D

• Options

Too funny.
    Two weeks ago all the rain a tree almost hit our house. Tree guys cut it at a radical angle as it loomed over my house. I will try to post images. It was intense!!

• Options

"Two weeks ago all the rain a tree almost hit our house."

Well there ya go......now you can't even lock yourself in the house to be safe.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 10:08AM

Here's a picture babydoll. Not that you care.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 10:06AM

"I'm extremely healthy for a fat ass. I walk my dog at very fast pace an hour almost every day."

Sounds like a great combo for a heart attack.

Keep living in fear, all the other dealers at the ANA will thank you. They will make the money you would have.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 10:16AM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    "I'm extremely healthy for a fat ass. I walk my dog at very fast pace an hour almost every day."

Sounds like a great combo for a heart attack.

Keep living in fear, all the other dealers at the ANA will thank you. They will make the money you would have.

Just got my physical actually. I will be glad to release the records to you.

68 resting heart beat. Perfect blood pressure. And a bunch of HDL cousring through my viens. Doctor said I was awesome for my age.
    Several people said I look like Wade garrett from road house. It pisses my wife off when people tell me this, because Sam Elliott is her heart throb. People only seem to tell me when she is with me. Bad for my ego, lol

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2020 10:16AM

@fivecents said:
    Here's a picture babydoll. Not that you care.

Course with that lift bucket they could have started cutting from the top. Or better yet sent a climber up to do it.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 10:23AM

I am not the driveway guy.btw
    The foreman walked up and pushed on the tree. The whole ground rose up where he was standing. The tree almost went over. Crazy times man. I was sweating bullets.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re more likely to die in a car accident than getting the coronavirus at a coin show in Atlanta.

But if my wife did not want me to go I’d stay home.

• Options

I'm taking @ifthevamzarockin tree falling comment as an omen. Your Karma ran over my dogma.

• Options

Tell her you already caught Coinavirus. :D

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will not have any problem with the 3 foot rule at this show! Aisles are wide and not packed so far.

@fivecents said:

@amwldcoin said:

No. No it's a not a joke.(to me)
    I want my mind changed. I really want to go tomorrow early AM.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@btcollects said:
    we're all gonna die

Just probably not at the ANA show in Atlanta.....

• Options

Oh, a Trump supporter, that explains why he doesn't understand science.

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    Oh, a Trump supporter, that explains why he doesn't understand science.

Liiberal fuzzy science doesn't make sense to me.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not gonna stop eating Chinese or Korean food. I draw the line there. Just returned from the Asian market with a big jar of kimchi. Yum! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, the Tin Foil Hat Brigade is out in force.

My wife is a Registered Nurse and she said go have a good time at the ANA show.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

This discussion has been closed.