Home Q & A Forum

Anyone recognize these two "people" on this item of exonumia?

Klif50Klif50 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭

I got the item in a box of stuff several years ago. I've made periodic attempts to try to identify the pictures on each side. Is there a better place to post this?

If I have posted in the wrong spot, please move or delete.
Thanks
Klif

Comments

• Klif50Klif50 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭

Not even a good guess? I thought maybe someone from Bureau of Indian Affairs but google search didn't turn up anything.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couple of questions. Are images engraved paper or photos? Rim is brass? Both images on obv and rev of same item? Diameter? That native headdress is distinctive and deserves further investigation. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also looked for the Indian as the image looks familiar - no comments please as jokes are not allowed due to PC. Anyway - no luck. The headdress looks similar to the Shawnee Tribe.

Both images are on the same item. The man with glasses appears to be a photograph, I think the Native American is probably a drawing. It is 1 1/2 inches across and I believe it is brass. I appreciate any help in identifying. The item (not really sure what to call it) came out of Connecticut.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2020 12:17PM

There is a huge possibility that it was just a personal item - no one of any particular fame or notoriety.

I agree that the head dress is very unusual and could probably be identified as to tribe.

Thanks JBK, it's just an item of curiosity for me and trying to identify it. It came with a bunch of odd stuff and coins from an ebay seller several years back.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I THINK I dated that Indian Girl back in the 60's............She was a Sue.

bob ;)
    PS: 60's were wild times.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look like
    Franklin MacVeagh
    But could be young Taft too

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Klif50 said:
    Both images are on the same item. The man with glasses appears to be a photograph, I think the Native American is probably a drawing. It is 1 1/2 inches across and I believe it is brass. I appreciate any help in identifying. The item (not really sure what to call it) came out of Connecticut.

Exhume

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member