Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSHO: $20 Liberty Double Eagles... two in PCGS MS63 and also have one in PCGS AU58

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone need some gold? Will update with pics soon (if you need them)...

1897 $20 Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS63 = $1730 (slightly better date) SOLD

1904 $20 Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS63 = $1710 SOLD

1895-S $20 Liberty Double Eagle PCGS AU58 = $1660 SOLD

Let me know if any or all are of interest. With gold prices moving quickly, these prices subject to change anytime I feel appropriate :)

Thank you,
Mike

Tagged:

Comments

• DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

Could you please send me pics of all 3.
    Thank you
    Dave

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dscoin said:
    Could you please send me pics of all 3.
    Thank you
    Dave

Here are the photos of the three coins:

Gold is down a little since I posted... my prices can come down a little too... let me know if you're interested

:)

@illini420 said:
    Gold is down a little since I posted... my prices can come down a little too... let me know if you're interested

:)

And now gold has gone up a bit since that post... what a rollercoaster couple of weeks! None of the deals went through on these so they're still available for now... at least until I sell them (likely) at the Buena Park coin show this weekend.

Last chance if you need to stack some gold!

:+1:

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice gold !!!
    Mike... I may end up paying a visit this Sat ~ Sun at the show. I'll see ya there... B)

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2020 6:18PM

PM sent! Dibs on the 1895-S!

MINE!

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:
    PM sent! Dibs on the 1895-S!

MINE!

Yukon Cornelious strikes again!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

Hi Coin Guys - I wandered over here from the card forums. I am not at all a coin collector; but many years ago (at least 40) my father gave me a 1904 $20 gold double eagle. I recognize that it was "hand" graded by someone as MS63 and has never been removed from encasing. It is a beautiful shiny coin, but I'm aware it is not officially graded. Who would be the best grader to send this coin to? Would I be better off just hand carrying it to a shop like Superior Rare Coins or Coin Collection in LA?

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

@MorrellMan said:
    Hi Coin Guys - I wandered over here from the card forums. I am not at all a coin collector; but many years ago (at least 40) my father gave me a 1904 $20 gold double eagle. I recognize that it was "hand" graded by someone as MS63 and has never been removed from encasing. It is a beautiful shiny coin, but I'm aware it is not officially graded. Who would be the best grader to send this coin to? Would I be better off just hand carrying it to a shop like Superior Rare Coins or Coin Collection in LA?

You say hand graded and encased... some collectors may prefer that old grading service holder than a PCGS or NGC... if you can, show us what you got!

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t look to be a 63 to my eyes...would be best to sell it as is. You might get around $1750 right now with the rise in gold prices.

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorrellMan Not a very good picture, looks like a scan. At any rate, it looks AU-ish as opposed to UNC. The most common date $20 Lib, easily obtainable in all grades. These trade a tad above melt.

Cheers

Bob

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having it certified may make selling it slightly easier vs in a raw state via the net. If your looking to sell quickly then take some good photos out of the plastic flip and put it up here on the BST around the melt price before you spend the grading fees. Or if there is a coin shop open close to you (the two you mentioned in LA I'm guessing are closed right now) you can see what is offered there. As PCGS is closed you can send it to NGC for certification should you chose to go that route.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.