Home Sports Talk

Do you have kids nearing college age?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 21, 2020 3:27PM in Sports Talk

This is quite a deal. I believe annual tuition is $52,000.

"The University of Southern California has announced starting with freshmen entering this fall, will qualify for free tuition, from families with annual incomes of $80,000 or less. Also the value of a family’s home would no longer figure into the calculation to determine financial aid. "

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/usc-financial-aid-free-tuition/

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any children, any little dragons running around.

Seeing how much college costs, if I do have any little dragon jr's running around, I'm going to encourage him/her to immediately seek employment at Burger King after high school. It seems that college is a little too expensive, plus my little dragon jr. can hook me up with free Whoppers.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO THANK GOD!!

I used to walk past this "building" very near my High School...it was a Trade School, but, for some reason, back then is was kinda like ''oooh, who goes there?". I'd bet my house that most of those who went to that school did much, much better than many, who graduated with me. Plumbers, pipe fitters, welders, electricians, etc, etc. The exceptions of course were those who became lawyers and doctors and such... B)

One of my classmates went on to really, really do well in textiles. He became a multi, multi millionaire and quite the philanthropist. He was a good guy in school, so, good on him. He married his "high school sweetheart", who I used to take piano lessons with...Donna was pretty cool too, so again, good on them.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

No but my next older brother does. When I graduated UGA my entire year tuition/books/board was about 6-7k for in-state. That was right before .gov got into student loans.

My niece to go there now as in-state next year as a freshman...., 26k. Guess why...

This discussion has been closed.