Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

BHM-3265 British Historical Medal? Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria 1837-1887 MS66BN NGC

Saw this link today on eBay and was looking at the medal. Cool high-grade copper ... but would a genuine Queen Victoria medal have "Britain" misspelled on the lower reverse as "Britian"?

I know there were lots of local and national medals of what must have been an enormous observance at the time ... but still, I don't have the enormous British Historical Medals references (the ones I saw years ago at Heritage, anyway, were enormous and two volumes) to look this up. I do have the Christopher Eimer British Commemorative Medals, but it is not listed there. A couple of other characteristics of the medal seem a bit "off" to me as well, but I am not expert in these things.

Any info, y'all?

https://ebay.com/itm/1887-Great-Britain-Queen-Victoria-Jubilee-Bronze-Medal-BHM-3265-NGC-MS-66-BN/383401881536?hash=item5944886fc0:g:eB0AAOSwSxleNa18

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, "genuine" does not exclude a lot - not a Royal Mint product, so it is all possible.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.