Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ever had a sub go from Research & ID straight to Assembly?

I have a bulk sub in that's been in Assembly for a couple weeks now - which is fine. The weird thing, though, is that it went straight from Research & ID to Assembly, with no usual stop at Grading where you're given the opportunity to review the labels for errors. I spoke with a CS rep about it about 10 days ago, and she said it was probably a glitch that she would contact IT about. I haven't heard anything since. Has this happened to anyone else here?

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I've had a couple go through the Grading step in less than a day. If I hadn't been checking frequently, I would have missed that it was ever in Grading.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

I check often, so I'm quite certain this sub was never in the Grading stage.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    I check often, so I'm quite certain this sub was never in the Grading stage.

You are putting too much importance on the "gas gauge", most likely the cards were in grading and someone didn't "log" them in, then they went to assembly and someone logged them through grading and into assembly.

I worked at a place where you had to log jobs in when you started working on them. Sometimes people would do the work and move the job on and either forget to log the job, or the system might have been down.

If you get your cards back holdered without grades, you will know they in fact were never in grading.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have cards in QA2 right now and I still have the option to tell PSA about errors. Not sure what the problem is.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one do that and stay in assembly for 2 months. Now I am fighting an 8 card standard sub that has been in grading since 1/13. In that time I had a bulk zip through and get delivered to me yesterday. I will say if the grades match the cards I do not mind the wait. My bulk was a disaster, you know it is bad when you spend more time cracking than scanning.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

My subs were received Jan 4th, been in R&ID for 4-5 weeks, I check every day, nada. I know, patience, patience, but if I don't get my subs by the Fall Classic, I'm gonna be a patient! I'm just really curious to see what grades my cards manage to get. These are some that I'd kept from my childhood. Eddie Murray RC, Mattingly, Boggs rooks, '62 Mantle and Maris "Ad-backs", pair of '41 Wheaties cuts w/bios. I'm anxious man!

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    I had one do that and stay in assembly for 2 months. Now I am fighting an 8 card standard sub that has been in grading since 1/13. In that time I had a bulk zip through and get delivered to me yesterday. I will say if the grades match the cards I do not mind the wait. My bulk was a disaster, you know it is bad when you spend more time cracking than scanning.

rexvos - if you don't mind, what did you submit? I am putting together a bulk order of mainly modern 2016-2019 football. By disaster I assume you thought the grades were going to be higher. I have never used the bulk service before and am paranoid that the process to grade isn't as tight as the smaller orders.

Mike
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

@rexvos said:

rexvos - if you don't mind, what did you submit? I am putting together a bulk order of mainly modern 2016-2019 football. By disaster I assume you thought the grades were going to be higher. I have never used the bulk service before and am paranoid that the process to grade isn't as tight as the smaller orders.

Lot of 9s on modern baseball and football. Stuff that normally gets 10s and a few minimum size. On modern I usually hit a much higher percentage of 10s. Just not my day on it. Hopefully next one will be better

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@shagrotn77 said:
    I have a bulk sub in that's been in Assembly for a couple weeks now - which is fine. The weird thing, though, is that it went straight from Research & ID to Assembly, with no usual stop at Grading where you're given the opportunity to review the labels for errors. I spoke with a CS rep about it about 10 days ago, and she said it was probably a glitch that she would contact IT about. I haven't heard anything since. Has this happened to anyone else here?

This just happened to me on a 300+ Card bulk order. Straight from research and ID to assembly. No label list was generated for mine either. My order is only a few weeks old. It would be great to see a super fast turnaround, but I suspect it is probably a glitch as suggested above, and my cards probably have not been graded yet.