Options

Dead meat no memory.

acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
edited February 16, 2020 5:51PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Dust in the wind

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting dot. Not a known error or variety at coinsandcanada.com the other gouges look like Pmd to me. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot is indented. It's damage. The rest of the marks are from tin snips or crimping tool and are obvious damage. Remember that a coin is struck in a fixed collar. When you see areas where metal is pushed out beyond the rim like by the crown, X and C, it's damage.

You've been here a while. You should be recognizing this as obvious damage by now. Members have listed links showing the minting process for you to read in previous posts. I strongly recommend studying those. At some point, people are going to get tired of helping you if you don't show that you're learning. Just my opinion

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@Oldhoopster said:
    The dot is indented. It's damage. The rest of the marks are from tin snips or crimping tool and are obvious damage. Remember that a coin is struck in a fixed collar. When you see areas where metal is pushed out beyond the rim like by the crown, X and C, it's damage.

You've been here a while. You should be recognizing this as obvious damage by now. Members have listed links showing the minting process for you to read in previous posts. I strongly recommend studying those. At some point, people are going to get tired of helping you if you don't show that you're learning. Just my opinion

Indeed I make mistakes, There is a proverb that says that error is human. Personally, I see an improvement. Lately, I have published three error approved by members. Yes, unfortunately, there was a combination of PMD on the other hand in 2019 it was all PMD. I truly believe that 2020 will be vastly different. I just applied in the US Forum section the following 1950 P nickel RRDC-5c-1950-01R rim to rim with a major north-south crack that mannie gray and RickO have granted me.

Please understand that my cranial trauma is real. But I never stop learning and I will never give up and thanks to all of you I remain hopeful. I ask the members of the forum to have a little patience because my memory has been greatly affected and the process of spoofing is extremely different for me.

I love this hobby and my hearts are part of it <3
    Thank you all

• Options

@btcollects said:
    well, well, well, I hope you're happy with yourself @Oldhoopster

I hope you’re not implying that my post was making fun of @arcadian? If that was the purpose for your comment, then you are wrong.

I’ve been replying to arcadian’s post for a few months and hopefully providing answers and information that he finds useful (as you can see on the first part of my post that you seem to be questioning). I was unaware of the challenges that he faces.

So while I can’t say that I fell happy (because of the circumstances), I can say that I feel relieved to know that the time forum members have spent helping arcadian hasn’t been wasted and I will continue to help him whenever possible. Looking forward to seeing your posts helping new collectors as well.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a lot of us the thrill of this hobby is in the hunt. Don't stop hunting @acadien

• Options

@TwoKopeiki said:
    For a lot of us the thrill of this hobby is in the hunt. Don't stop hunting @acadien

Your absolutely right @TwoKopeiki, I became addicted to hunting.

• Options

@btcollects said:

@Oldhoopster said:

@btcollects said:

I hope you’re not implying that my post was making fun of @arcadian? If that was the purpose for your comment, then you are wrong.

I’ve been replying to arcadian’s post for a few months and hopefully providing answers and information that he finds useful (as you can see on the first part of my post that you seem to be questioning). I was unaware of the challenges that he faces.

So while I can’t say that I fell happy (because of the circumstances), I can say that I feel relieved to know that the time forum members have spent helping arcadian hasn’t been wasted and I will continue to help him whenever possible. Looking forward to seeing your posts helping new collectors as well.

Making light of a ridiculous situation, assuming we're not being trolled. You're being kind, and usually we should help new collectors, but it's appropriate for you to be upset about not being told months ago that any responses you write won't be absorbed. It's so absurd it's hilarious. Rock on, acadien!

I will Rock on,
    Thanks you

• Options

@btcollects said:

@Oldhoopster said:

@btcollects said:

Making light of a ridiculous situation, assuming we're not being trolled. You're being kind, and usually we should help new collectors, but it's appropriate for you to be upset about not being told months ago that any responses you write won't be absorbed. It's so absurd it's hilarious. Rock on, acadien!

Thanks for the input. Sorry, if I came across on the harsh side.

I'll take my chances. If I'm wrong and get trolled, then there is nobody to blame but myself.

• Options

@Oldhoopster said:

@btcollects said:

@Oldhoopster said:

@btcollects said:

Thanks for the input. Sorry, if I came across on the harsh side.

I'll take my chances. If I'm wrong and get trolled, then there is nobody to blame but myself.

@Oldhoopster,
    You have been good to me, let's put the train back on his rails. I've been ignored from one site to another for the last 2-3 years, and am still in the coin collecting hobby. Wow, did you know it took me 20 minutes to write this down? Reading over and over making sure that, I don't show signs of trauma...