Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Double Registry listings?

Here's something to think about. When someone on the all time finest Registry list sells their set outright, like gaspipe26 did with his '69 set, someone bought it and could potentially list that same set on the registry. The problem I see now is that the same set is listed twice and the current #2 guy gets bumped to #3 by only one set. Or maybe this can't happen since these cards are already registered, and this person can't use the same cards on the Registry without deleting the gaspipe's set. To me the best opinion is to just transfer the ownership on the registry? Is there an opinion for that? Can cards be double listed on the All Time Finest List?

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Bob's set was not at 90% so it will be deleted outright.

Carlos
  • Options
    Dan,

I see what you mean. If somebody did sell a set that was over 90% complete then I believe the exact same set could be listed twice (if it wasn't upgraded by the new purchaser) and everyone below that set would be bumped one spot. In theory you could have one set sold 4 times and be number 1-5 on the all time finest.

Maybe I could get Frank to sell me his 1972 set for a week and I will sell him my 1965 set for a week, we can register them, then sell them back to each other.image Just kidding about this but it seems that it would be possible. Man it would be great to be a 1972 guy even if only for a day!

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    "Man it would be great to be a 1972 guy even if only for a day!"

Perhaps, but you would still have to go through that revolting initiation ceremony
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Dan:

It is potentially problematic -- but not something that I would worry about. Over time, most of everything in the "All-Time Registry" will be duplicative cards and sets. However, cards can only be listed once in the "Current Finest Registry". That is exactly what is the most important. For what it is worth -- with the large majority of David Hall's cards from the 1950's -- most of them are currently listed in other people's sets in the Registry.

In due time (five to ten years) -- the All-Time Finest Registry may represent more a history of the best sets ever -- whereas now it is primarily indicative of the best current sets.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    AlfiewtAlfiewt Posts: 337
    I have no problem with the double sets listed on the All Time Finest list of the registry. When David Vargha sold his 1949 Bowman and 1949 PCL sets, they were both bought by collectors that listed them on the registry. I don't think it would be fair to David if his sets were elimated from the ATF list simply because the person he sold it to chose to list it on the registry. I also think it would be unfair if someone who bought a set was unable to list it on the registry simply because the previous owner had it listed on the registry.