Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Few pics - legit or not

So this is all I have for pics. Completely outside what I do but I’m curious what people think just based on these pictures because that’s all I have

Appreciate the thoughts

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

They are all reproductions.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has viewed real notes from that era would spot those as reproductions right away.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    Yacorie1Yacorie1 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys. This was a weird situation because they were in a frame. The owner had no idea he had them and my buddy doesn’t collect so sent me pictures....and I was no help.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

One very easy way to check for reproductions on notes from this era, is to look at the serial numbers and signatures. Authentic notes are hand signed and numbered in ink. If theses are printed, then it's fake. FYI, being signed by hand doesn't guarantee authenticity, but it's a good place to start

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

obvious CF reproductions...paper is treated to look old...designed to be almost like parchment to deceive the general public....believe the 2 first posters above who are experts.