Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FOR SALE! Civil War Era 1865-1890s Baseball Original Woodcut Collection!

FS: Civil War Era 1865-1890s Baseball Original Woodcut Collection! $1,000 shipped. If you are interested, please email me, because I don't get notifications from this site for some reason. Here is a video of them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lCiYMXy6O4

Includes roughly 25 pieces!
A few facts:

• 1865 to 1890s
  • At least one player is pictured who was in the Civil War
  • 1865 Brooklyn team
  • the first championship team ... and the first sports team invited to the white house.
  • 1869 Red Stockings - the first professional championship team (includes the entire publication!)
  • Loads of hall of famers like: Buck Ewing, Cap Anson, Mike King Kelly, Old Hoss Radbourn, Timothy Keefe, Harry Wright, George Wright, Monte Ward and more. These guys were the Babe Ruths / Cy Youngs / etc. of their generation - not just because of what they did on the field, but because they were true pioneers - many of whom are responsible for how the game of baseball is played today!
  • Also included are among the earliest professional baseball photographs that were printed!

I'll remove the framed piece from the frame for better shipping, unless someone local picks these up.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!