Home PSA Set Registry Forum

set # 2000 gets free gradings

its kind of silly...but i would love to win.

this is a great hobby...i get home all beat up from work, and i read this and i go right into the "kid mode" where even little meaningless things become so exciting!
"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
Groucho Marx

Comments

• carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    THE 2,000TH SET WINS!
    Very soon the PSA Set Registry will reach another milestone and list 2,000 registered sets! To celebrate, we are offering a prize to the person who registers the 2,000th set. If you are the winner, you will receive 3 free PSA gradings.

Rules:

You must add a legitimate new set, in other words, a set you plan to build on or is complete.
    You may add as many sets as you wish until the home page of the registry shows 1,970 sets registered. Then only one set will be validated per registrant. Sets are validated in order of date stamp. Once you click on the READY FOR VALIDATION button, your set is date stamped down to the second.
    If you are a winner, your 3 cards must be sent in at one time using the regular service level.
    We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your unending support and enthusiasm. The set registry is nothing short of amazing because you make it so.
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Calleocho, sorry I didn't see your thread on the topic and had posted my own thread. I need to tab down more often.
  • gemmintman

Obviously you were thrilled at the prospect of 3 free grades! That's correct, THREE!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    no problem GMM...btw its FREE
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Did someone say THREE FREE SUBMISSIONS?!?!?!??!?!?!
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • YES, YES,

THREE!

Count'em...THREE FREE SUBMISSIONS
    Married?

Yes married.

Married?

Yes MARRIED!!

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    Hold all bets. I just heard that they're cutting it back to two free submissions from three. Apparently the 80's special wasn't the smash success they had hoped for.
  • Who cares about the marital bonds when there is a possibility of THREE FREE GRADES
  • gemmintman

Nonsense! The 80's special is bound to have been a smashing success with all the late 80's Topps stuff just crying to be encapsulated
    You're right Zardoz, it's back to THREE.

Count'em...THREE

Not 0, not 1, not 1.5, not 2, not 2.25, not 2.5, and not 2.75

Thats right folks, its 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • I probably won't list another set to try to win. I don't think I coould come up with all three cards to submit at once.image
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• THREE,

count 'em,

ein, zwei, drei

un, deux, trois
  • Zardoz,

Could you explain how many THREE is in terms that are easy to understand. Like, if I put 3 dollar bills end to end, how far will it reach?

Also, for all of you tax and accountant types, will I be responsible for the taxes on the gradings if I win?

Buck
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

I believe three dollar bills stacked vertically would reach .0000000000000000000000000000000000001% to the moon !!

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    But three dollars worth of early-American half cents would reach much higher. Nonetheless, three free graded cards is . . . . well, not much really.

(Must learn how to spell)
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Especially when you consider that the return postage and insurance will be no less than $12.50!image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
    There are 1,992 sets registered! Who will be the lucky winner of the THREE FREE?
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Tres gratis. Woo-hoo!
  • 'm certainly excited. How bold of PSA to express their gratitude and display their generosity with such a fabulous reward!

better that they had not offered anything rather that toot their horn over THREE free gradings!

I hope that the winner has enough style and class to politely refuse this "prize"
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I actually think that I may be the lucky owner of Set #2000....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    It would be nice to see one of our own win. We all though Jay was going to win last time, but the fix was obviously in.
  • I hope that you are ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, image
  • Well guys I guess I'm the lucky winner with the beginnings of my 1977 Topps set. Contacted PSA and they said I could send the 3 free cards in with a bigger order so that I don't have to pay shipping back to me on only 3 cards. Have many more 77 topps which were just opened from 2 unopened boxes, but was waiting to see if the next special is a 70's revisit or something I could use before sending them off to PSA

Looking for unopened 77 topps bb and any vintage Mays, Clemente, Aaron

A newbie won? Hey congrats MaysMan!

• Just out of curiosity (I am in sore loser mode image), how do you know you won, and why don't they ever offer me free return shipping when I send 2 invoices in?

Ian
  • But hey, congrats anyways! image
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    GEMMINT - I still can't get over my misfortune of having set #1001 when I listed my 1960 Fleer set on April 3. I'm pretty sure Stonegate beat me by a second or two. His prize for the 1000th set registered, Nothing! I saved big bucks though, since I promised to buy drinks to the losers.
    MAYSMAN - Congrats on the 2000th set milestone, 3 free grades are a mighty impressive prize. I believe they were thinking of awarding either, 3 free grades, a 2002 Mercedes, an all expense trip to Paris or your entire set to be graded for free. So I guess they decided on the 3 free grades. Congratulations once again...jay
  • riccaboni,
    They e-mailed me and my set and congrats notice appears in the psa registry under the "news" category.

By the way they also told me the next grading special was going to be a 60's 70's and 80's combined special.

Also, I don't get free return shipping, I just meant they said they'd allow me to send the 3 free cards in with a bigger order so that I don't have to pay $12 shipping on the 3 free submissions as FB suggested.

Thanks,

Paul

Looking for unopened 77 topps bb and any vintage Mays, Clemente, Aaron

• Cool, sounds good to me, maybe next time they'll allow me to send the comp submission for miscut or whathave you, back with another invoice... That last comp I had to resubmit cost me $11...