Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Modern Box Sellers on ebay - a bidder for you to block

I had to deal with a bidder than squeezed a partial refund out of me. Low feedback bidder, sent an email after he purchased pushing me to ship that day. At that point I should have known better. The day it arrives he sends a refund request because the outer box is "crushed" according to him and damaged the inside box. The box I sent was a modern high end Panini box with 6 packs. If you have opened them before you know the packs are insulated inside the box. I ask for pics so I can file a claim and do not open so I can send him a return label. He doesn't send pics and said he already opened the box. At this point I know I'm getting scammed, he asks for a partial and I sent it since the hassle wasn't worth it.

If you want his id, PM me.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

bump one more time.

I just saw on his feedback that he got another seller, it was a "negative" positive warning everyone else.

PM me if you want the id to block. I reported him but ebay hasn't booted him yet, Still active.

Mike
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2020 2:06PM

How did you pack the box ? Did you bubble wrap the box inside the outside box and protect it well ?

Just because Panina protects the cards on the inside anyway does not mean the buyer should not ALSO expect a nice clean pack-fresh box with no additional damage .....

Additionally, a request for a buyer to ask for next day shipping does not in and of itself seem unreasonable to me.....

• Options

It was boxed with a large gap between the box and the outer box. I ship $5000 boxes, I know what I'm doing. Plus I use FedEx, which generally handles the boxes better than the USPS.

I'm not going to defend myself for a favor I'm doing for the board.

Here is the feedback that another seller posted. You can decide. I didn't leave feedback for a relatively small issue, I figured I would warn other board members. Take it or leave it.

BEWARE !ADMITTED TO LYING AND PLAYING THE SYSTEM!DONT TRUST LOWLIFE CHILD TROLL!

Mike
  • Options

@Mintacular said:
    How did you pack the box ? Did you bubble wrap the box inside the outside box and protect it well ?

Just because Panina protects the cards on the inside anyway does not mean the buyer should not ALSO expect a nice clean pack-fresh box with no additional damage .....

Additionally, a request for a buyer to ask for next day shipping does not in and of itself seem unreasonable to me.....

Also he asked for same day shipping not next day, read the story again.

Mike
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Ok, your mentioning of Panini insulating the packs gave me the impression that you MIGHT not have done your part as the packer-shipper in this scenario