Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Looking for Pelican Case

Hello
I’m looking to purchase one of the pelican cases with the molded foam inner piece that used to be sold by a member on these boards.

Please let me know if you have one to sell.

Thanks
Talmer

Comments

• TalmerTalmer Posts: 22 ✭✭

Still looking for one of these cases if anyone has one available.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I remember that, but that was so many years ago. I will try to find the old thread.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
    edited May 24, 2020 12:36PM

It turns out there are lots of threads if you do a search on Pelican cases on these message boards. Dave Kleppal and Matt Miller sold Pelican cases with precision cut inserts to fit in PSA slabs perfectly, efficiently, and safely. The precision cut inserts were unique to what they sold.

I personally just bought the Pelican 1510 case (medium carry one size) off Amazon and used the padded dividers to suit my needs and have been fully satisfied. By the way, if you buy the Pelican case with foam insert from any other retailer, you can customize the foam to the cut out you desire. You would just pull out small pre-cut cubes from the foam to make the inserts to the sizes desired.

I like the Pelican cases and have bought another one since my first purchase in 2010. For extra protection, I would recommend putting in a reusable desiccant for moisture absorbance. They can be renewed in the oven once a year so they can continue to divert moisture away from your collectibles.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

I use these.
    Pick and pluck foam to fit almost anything.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who are still looking for something to store your cards. I picked up a couple card cases from www.pastimemarketplace.com and they are awesome. They're pretty active on IG @pastimemarketplace

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

I bought some today at Harbor Freight myself. Not pelican, but will do.
    Has foam inserts to do how u want.

Larger ones..

Smaller one.. on sale $30 !

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Here are a few photos of the two different sizes I have. I have an Apache as well that I got from Harbor Freight.

• clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Pelican is nice but Bass Pro has their small marine waterproof cases at 19.99 and they are 99% as good. They have a similar style pressure release valve. They fit anywhere from 75-150 cards depending on how you want to stack. Foam is modular. I bought 8 of these this week.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set

The Bass Pro and Apache brands do look similar in style and function to the Pelican cases at a fraction of the cost. However, are they just as good as the Pelican?

One needs to have the same size case from all three brands and soak them in water for 30 days and then take them out and open them to see how well the seal held up. Also, what material is used to make the cases? Pelican had used polypropylene, which is an inert archival plastic for the body, ABS plastic for other pieces, and some kind of polymer for the seal ring. As long as those other materials do not give off any type of gases, It should not harm any collectibles. Newer Pelican cases that are lighter in weight are made out of some kind of proprietary polypropylene blend.

I guess one can always seal sensitive collectibles, like silver, inside an archival container before putting it in the Pelican case.