Maserati27Maserati27 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
edited February 11, 2020 12:44PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Lmao. Went to an estate sale today

Tagged:

Comments

• Maserati27Maserati27 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replica? :/

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited February 11, 2020 12:52PM

I already got it checked out

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like that was a pretty good deal then!

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn what a pick up!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Job.

You seem to be putting in the time.

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

First year they were minted, proofs were made at West Point. And somebody sure did not know what they had.
    You Suck from the old days around here.

If true, you did GREAT,dude! :)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you, not so good for the seller.

Vplite99
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is getting an item way below the market value Ethical? It’s a mixed bag. It depends on the item.. each of these were gained in similar circumstances

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    In my opinion it is unethical not to alert a seller of the market value of an item if they are uninformed. Doesn't matter if its a little old lady or a giant corporation, the right thing to do would be to let them know they are making a mistake. Maybe they give you a deal for being honest, and if not at least you walk away knowing you did the right thing. Buying a $1600 coin for $25 seems akin to cheating or lying to me.

LOL, I guess you believe the "story."

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    @Insider Exactly, the forum & its membership are being trolled and insulted.

Only if we choose to be. It's easy enough to ignore if we want

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming this is a serious thread, and assuming that is not a Chinese copy that someone stuck into Original Government Packaging (OGP), congratulations!

My only question is...how did all the fingerprints get on the coin? Please tell me you did not pop it out of the capsule and handle it the way you have been handing your other coins. :#

• You wish

• markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get it checked out by a professional. Gold at times can be faked.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    In my opinion it is unethical not to alert a seller of the market value of an item if they are uninformed. Doesn't matter if its a little old lady or a giant corporation, the right thing to do would be to let them know they are making a mistake. Maybe they give you a deal for being honest, and if not at least you walk away knowing you did the right thing. Buying a $1600 coin for $25 seems akin to cheating or lying to me.

Appears to me he is well on his way to becoming a coin dealer. @ the op, welcome to the Au.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t give any credence to the story, but from the looks of those scans, it looks like a genuine AGE. The laminated COA is odd though. Didn’t come from the mint like that.

Maybe, it was the estate of Stevie Wonder or Ronnie Milsap? B)

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    I can’t give any credence to the story, but from the looks of those scans, it looks like a genuine AGE. The laminated COA is odd though. Didn’t come from the mint like that.

It is laminated! I didn't pick up on that! :o It's not original.

Ken
  • TroyWTroyW Posts: 42 ✭✭

its possible.
    as a kid my mom would go to estate sales and get gold jewelry for pennies on the dollar of melt value. Gibson girls estate sales or some name like that.
    my older brother who is an expert when it comes to pocket watches has gotten 14k gold pocket watches for almost nothing because someone did not know how to read the makers marks.

so it is possible., likely no but possible, yes

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TroyW said:
    its possible.
    as a kid my mom would go to estate sales and get gold jewelry for pennies on the dollar of melt value. Gibson girls estate sales or some name like that.
    my older brother who is an expert when it comes to pocket watches has gotten 14k gold pocket watches for almost nothing because someone did not know how to read the makers marks.

so it is possible., likely no but possible, yes

Agree, even dealers sell genuine stones in gold rings w/o knowing. I've cherried some emeralds and rubies. Genuine cultured pearls are common.

This discussion has been closed.